Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So I Seriously Hate This F-ing Fuel Gauge.

I was at empty, and only drove 78 miles. At least it only took 2.5 gallons. I swear I must have bent the shaft on the float when I took it out to repaint my tank. At least before this goofy thing would go to half tank with 125 miles driven. Then plumet.

At first I thought it was just I had filled up with half a can of sea-foam and filled up with some non-oxy premium to clean things out after winter.

Now that I've been thinking about it, the gauge issue everyone on here hates, couldn't we just bend the shaft the other way just a little and maybe this thing might be somewhat accurate once in awhile.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Ok So I Seriously Hate This F-ing Fuel Gauge.

I was at empty, and only drove 78 miles. At least it only took 2.5 gallons. I swear I must have bent the shaft on the float when I took it out to repaint my tank. At least before this goofy thing would go to half tank with 125 miles driven. Then plumet.

At first I thought it was just I had filled up with half a can of sea-foam and filled up with some non-oxy premium to clean things out after winter.

Now that I've been thinking about it, the gauge issue everyone on here hates, couldn't we just bend the shaft the other way just a little and maybe this thing might be somewhat accurate once in awhile.
Don't bitch and complain, at least until I tell you why you shouldn't. Our tanks hold 3.5 US Gallons, 1 Gallon is reserve!!!! The average MPG is around 40-45 MPG depeding on how you drive. If you keep it around 50-55 MPH you should get around 130-150 miles including reserve. Now I am not profiling but something tells me you do a tad over 55 MPH. LOL :rockon:

I am going out on a limb and say you run about 60-75 MPH which will drop you to around 100-120 miles on a full tank including reserve. :doh: When you hit "E" and it starts to stumble you still have 1 gallon in reserve. If you are getting 80 miles on a full tank including reserve then by all means Bitch and Complain!!! Otherwise Rejoice and join the few of us that now have a somewhat accurate fuel gauge. :smiley_th

Personaly I got tired real F__kin quick running out of gas bwhen it showes a half tank!!!!!!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I won't even try to deny, i get on the throttle a little. But most of my driving is to and from work. and it is on freeways where the limit is 65. And being that is my first week back on her after winter, its a little hard to take it easy. Also, I've been doing different work on the bike and part of it is having her idle in the garage, test drives up and down the block. I am really going to try to take it easy this tank, just to check things out. Plus I need to get her almost empty to remove the float, and see if a little persuasion might help.

See believe me I would love a bigger tank. I got spoiled driving my little ninja with its 4.5 gallon tank, and getting 60+ mpg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts