Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys I haven’t been on here in a while but Im putting up some pics up of my Vulcan bobber chop.....

I removed my cluster and now only running my speedo... I’m looking for an aftermarket fuel gauge something small I can put on my handle bars. Preferably something that will work with the stock sending unit. Any suggestions???

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you still have the stock gauges....I bet you can remove the fuel gauge from the console and just fabricate a housing for it.

So you're saying you no longer have a high beam,turnsignal, oil or neutral light?

Nope, I don’t have any of it. And I don’t have the old gauge ether.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Probably not possible. The gauge on the bars is calibrated to the sending unit in the tank. The Vulcan 750 does still have a reserve. EFI bikes have no reserve. If you run out of gas it destroys the fuel pump.

·
NewB to Vulcans
220 Posts
I have never had Fuel Gauge until this bike.

Reset trip every fill and expect to hit reserve ~120 miles

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have never had Fuel Gauge until this bike.

Reset trip every fill and expect to hit reserve ~120 miles
Depends heavily on your speed. My normal commute gave me 148 miles to reserve. At 80 mph, I'd get 110 miles. The way I way riding yesterday, I would have just hit 100 miles to reserve. I got 34.8 mpg over 60 miles....

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
EFI bikes have no reserve. If you run out of gas it destroys the fuel pump.
That's a myth, Jerry. If fuel pumps got that hot in a tank, you couldn't run them.

PlanetVulcan, you can probably ohm test the sending unit, then shop for a gauge that's close.

The odometer is probably the best tip. Most VNs are ready for reserve by 120mi, no matter what. We rode for decades without fuel gauges on bikes. That's not to say we didn't forget we were on reserve though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts