Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
the VN7XX never had inline fuel filters. They use a filter sock inside the tank attached to the Fuel Petcock. People have added inline fuel filters as extra protection.

·
Super Moderator
11,867 Posts
So the filter advertised on Ebay is not OEM.
Correct.

I posted a link to some real nice cleanable inline filters that had replaceable elements awhile back. You can use small ones like them (for 5/16" tubing btw) , you just have to remove the appropriate amount of fuel line.

If I find the link I'll post it.

KM

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the VN7XX never had inline fuel filters. They use a filter sock inside the tank attached to the Fuel Petcock. People have added inline fuel filters as extra protection.
On my 94 the main pickup has a plastic mesh that may prevent some sediment but I think it mostly relies on the fact that it doesn't pick up the final 1" of fuel (so the bad stuff would settle below that). However, the "reserve" setting is just a hole in the low spot of the tank and any junk in the tank will go straight to the carbs from there. After rebuilding my carbs my floats still stick on occasion. I'm now going to clean out the tank but thought I'd add the filters at the same time as an extra measure of protection.

-Robert

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Are you sure the reserve filter tube has not broken off the pet cock? Mine (04 has 2 tubes, 1 main and 1 reserve ) for filtering.

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Those filter tubes are not replacable, have to replace pet cock body, think about $75 new, or go to inline filters. Thought it would be strange for Ma Kawi to just have a hole there for reserve to suck up all the crap!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts