Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been battling with the petcock on this bike have rebuilt it and still continues to leak and have taken it apart to mess with it 4 times or so. Even bought a new tw200 petcock(garbage) and now that i have stopped the petcock from leaking fuel visibly I am afraid aid while the bike isn't running it is flooding the carbs and leaking out the boots and throttle assembly and leaking on to the engine. Earlier on a ride after an hour stopped to get something to drink and the bike was really hard to turn over after it started the bikes idle surged to 3000 and seemed as after it burnt excess fuel ran fine. After parking the bike for a few hours and with petcock in on position come out to find a pool of fuel and the leaking from the carbs. I'm going insane with this bike!! please help

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Float needles sticking. Try Wolfie's blowback method. If not carbs need to come out

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Can also be the float bowl gasket. I removed my float bowls and carefully beaded the gasket with red gasket maker. Very small amount so it wouldn't squish into the bowl. That stopped my leaks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talking to my mechanic at work he seems to think some residue or gunk from the tank has infiltrated the floats and caused my problem... seems to be the case since this hasn't happened since sunday and no gas was in the crankcase this time thank GOD!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts