Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I’m a new Vulcan owner it’s a 94 V-Twin and I’ve never touched a bike in my life but through a lot of work I’ve rebuilt this entire bike and I can’t find anything that helps me figure out how my lines route it cranks over but won’t start and I think it’s cause it’s not getting fuel due to not having the lines correct please help I’m in beautiful Florida weather and can’t ride

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,223 Posts
Is the vacuum line hooked up to the petcock

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just wondering what I should use to clean my diaphragms , the solvents might be too harsh and don’t want to ruin them seeing as I didn’t order new ones had no need too they look fine just dirty . ???

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Just wondering what I should use to clean my diaphragms , the solvents might be too harsh and don’t want to ruin them seeing as I didn’t order new ones had no need too they look fine just dirty . ???
Dirty? In what way? Oily, dusty, white deposits, something else?

Regular dishwashing liquid with hot water should work fine.

Hold the diaphragms up to bright light and flex the folds to check for cracks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just sticky and I can feel a grim or something, sounds to me like the dishwashing soup and water should work fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was having trouble with this myself. So I decided to make these diagrams for the fuel and vacuum line routing which I hope make it clear for anyone else who has this issue. I had a pretty hard time finding this clearly drawn out and not even the clymer manual that I have has decent picture of it. So here you go. Hope this helps. UPDATED, UPDATED!!

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I was having trouble with this myself. So I decided to make these diagrams for the fuel and vacuum line routing which I hope make it clear for anyone else who has this issue. I had a pretty hard time finding this clearly drawn out and not even the clymer manual that I have has decent picture of it. So here you go. Hope this helps. View attachment 52298 View attachment 52299
Hate to be the one to point this out, but those are labeled wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hate to be the one to point this out, but those are labeled wrong.
I updated them. Thanks for catching that. Can you check my work to see if this is correct? I just don't like how it's laid out in the books. A bit overcomplicated for my taste. That's why I was making this in the first place. This should be right though. For non-california model without the EVAP system.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
I updated them. Thanks for catching that. Can you check my work to see if this is correct? I just don't like how it's laid out in the books. A bit overcomplicated for my taste. That's why I was making this in the first place. This should be right though. For non-california model without the EVAP system.
Top pic looks ok, would maybe change air cleaner to carb vents.

Bottom pic... Carb vents should be vacuum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Top pic looks ok, would maybe change air cleaner to carb vents.

Bottom pic... Carb vents should be vacuum.
Updated the pictures again. Thanks for the assist. I want to have the correct info and also simplified in a way it's easier to follow. Hopefully this will be useful for others. 👍

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Yes, it's good to have it here, always had to dig one up on an image search.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts