Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting up my fire and steel Vulcan leather jacket. I'm probably never going to wear it again and I figured someone on here might want it. It is in like new shape. No rips or visible wear. I can't really find any information about it online but from the tag it looks like it was made in 1995. Here are some pics. Size L. I'm looking for $200 o.b.o

·
Registered
936 Posts
pretty neat. I wish I wasn't so... ahem ... muscular - so I could wear a large. (lets go with that excuse)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
It's a pretty sweet looking jacket. :smiley_th

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am open to reasonable offers too. PM me if you want to discuss it.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump

·
Banned
431 Posts
Looks like they are going for about $75 on ebay, I bet someone would bite at that price.

I've already got a jacket, otherwise I'd be making an offer.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like they are going for about $75 on ebay, I bet someone would bite at that price.

I've already got a jacket, otherwise I'd be making an offer.
Show me where you've found this jacket on eBay for $75. I didn't see any when I was researching.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Check the 'completed' or 'sold' boxes on the left side of the ebay search page

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
http://m.ebay.com/itm/181318159749?nav=SEARCH

Is this the one you were looking at? If so it isn't even close to my jacket. This is a cheepo jacket with a patch applied to the back. Not the same.

Like I said though it is still available and I am open to reasonable offers.

·
Banned
431 Posts
http://m.ebay.com/itm/181318159749?nav=SEARCH

Is this the one you were looking at? If so it isn't even close to my jacket. This is a cheepo jacket with a patch applied to the back. Not the same.

Like I said though it is still available and I am open to reasonable offers.
Easy bud, I'm just trying to help you sell this thing.

Like I posted earlier, on Ebay, if you search 'fire and steel jacket' and check 'completed', this first listing that pops up is this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vulcan-leather-jacket-mens-XL-mint-Black-belted-motorcycle-fire-and-steel-/171272104211?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item27e09ce913

How you didn't see that I don't know.

Anyways it appears to be the exact jacket you are trying to sell, and it went for $50 with 10 bids. So maybe you'll have more luck selling it closer to that price.

·
Banned
431 Posts
And mint condition....

·
Banned
431 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Easy bud, I'm just trying to help you sell this thing.

Like I posted earlier, on Ebay, if you search 'fire and steel jacket' and check 'completed', this first listing that pops up is this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vulcan-leather-jacket-mens-XL-mint-Black-belted-motorcycle-fire-and-steel-/171272104211?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item27e09ce913

How you didn't see that I don't know.

Anyways it appears to be the exact jacket you are trying to sell, and it went for $50 with 10 bids. So maybe you'll have more luck selling it closer to that price.
I didn't see that one. Sometimes when you pull eBay up on your phone it cuts ads out. Anyway apologies if I sounded rude or anything, not my intention at all. I honestly can't sell it that low. I also can't find any more of them anywhere. There is the occasional mega score on eBay and I'm willing to bet that person didn't know what they had. Thanks for finding that.

I'm still open to reasonable offers.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I didn't see that one. Sometimes when you pull eBay up on your phone it cuts ads out. Anyway apologies if I sounded rude or anything, not my intention at all. I honestly can't sell it that low. I also can't find any more of them anywhere. There is the occasional mega score on eBay and I'm willing to bet that person didn't know what they had. Thanks for finding that.

I'm still open to reasonable offers.
Anyone who knows you Mike would know you arent trying to take advantage of anyone.

I sold a Leather I bought for over 500.00 in 1995 for around 250.00 the same jacket sold for 150 a week before. There were bids on it so I knew there was interest. That's what gave me the idea to sell mine. Here's the thing. Someone had the same jacket on a manikin for over 1,000 dollars (I checked my sales for a picture but ebay only keeps sales for 60 days). The Jacket was a HEIN GERICKE LEATHER MOTORCYCLE JACKET .

Well the jacket sold with a starting bid price of 175 for 250.00 as I've stated. The guy who bought it lived out in CA. I found out his buddy had one and he would go riding with him. His buddy died and he wanted the jacket to remind him of those days. Pretty cool right.

So my point is Thanks for the opportunity to have first dibs on the jacket at a great price. And thanks for your honesty. From what I read about the jacket it's well made and will last a lifetime. A great investment not a purchase. The price is spot on. I wouldn't change it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Jackets that last a life time. My first Brando style still hangs on the wall of the garage, bought it in 81,it out lived a lot of people,and sadly I've grown up and out since then. Worn a few others out too.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts