Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know it's not as bad as it is elsewhere in the country, but here in the New Mexico desert on the US/MX border, it's 9 degrees and snowing! Looking out the window at my Vulcan and it's frozen in time out there.

My question is....where's all the global warming? I need to move there! I moved here from the north to get away from this! Hey Al, where are you!!!!!

Joe

·
Super Moderator
11,819 Posts
"Global Warmimg" is the cause of unusual weather patterns...meaning it can make cold places warm, and warm places cold...because it is upsetting the balance we are used to. It does not mean every place is going to warmer every day.

Iv'e been snowed in for 2 days here in the midwest. Oddly, the snow , freezing rain and sleet are not dropping down from the artic here as most winter weather does, but is pushing up from the south. I'd call that unusual.;)

And I told eveyone that we'd have a real cold winter, and they did not believe me. LOL

KM

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw on TV that we are going back to the weather trends of the late 70's and the early 1800's mini ice age.

Damn those 1809 Chevy Suburbans and 1809 Ford Expeditions!!!!!!

I'd be laughing out loud but my jaw is frozen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, you all up north take care.

Joe

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
There is nothing unusual, maybe a bit harsher than the last few, but its normal for seasons to be different, has been for centuries...
We had a 67* day and everyone said that that was global warming and had to be a record, our weather lady said, no that was not near a record, and it was 78* on that day in 1911...
I think Al opened too many bottles and got caught in his BS, even to the point that his wife left him...lol... They have already proved that a lot of that stuff was pure BS, and that a lot of stuff was doctored up... Maybe Al can come up with something else, so DuPont or some other big company can give him another jillion $$$$$ to do away with our $0.88 cans of freon, or something else, like maybe our light bulbs are what is causin something...lol...
Most here in Tenn. know that tribe, and if you will check he didn't even carry his home state in the election, there was a reason...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
796 Posts
I remember the weather back in the 70's. The snow would get so deep up here in Maine they would allow snowmobiles on the roads where cars and 4X4's couldn't even go in the stuff. The snow would be over the tops of the snow plows and they couldn't wing it off the roads. The power would be out for days but with a wood stove and a wood burning cook stove we were warm and fed. My kind of weather! :smiley_th haha I can remember as a kid after shoveling off the roof to reduce the weight strain, sitting on the shovel at the peek and sliding off a 1 story house and having only a short 3 foot drop to the snow banks. There were times we were LITERALLY snowed in. Had to climb out a second story window to shovel out the doors so we could get out. Wish I could find the pics we had from those days. The good old days. Now we are lucky to get 2 feet of snow. :(

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Well Baldy, after living through winters like that, I should declare you an honorary Canadian.:wow:

Or maybe you should make me an honorary Mainer!!:doh:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Thank you Hoss. I thought Canada had the same weather as us Mainers being further North?

They say that Maine is the tailpipe state, where as ALL or most of the jet streams converge and all the weather comes through Maine before going out to sea. That is why we used to get so much snow years ago. If it rained in WA. we would get snow, If it rained in CA. we would get snow, if it rained in TX. we would get snow.....etc. As a matter of fact some of the storms come down from Canada as well. This storm we are getting now came from the gulf of Mexico and AZ. The only downfall is that we get all the crap that is put up in the air too (pollutants) but thankfully we have hundreds of thousands of acres of trees that filter out most of the bad [email protected] lol

I dub you honorary MAINAH. Now you gottah learn ouah language. All I have to learn is AY.....correct...oops I mean AY? lol

So now that I am an honorary Canadian can I cross the border without a passport??? :confused:

Niterider the proper terminology for us Mainers is Maineiacs but yeah insane is in the ballpark. lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
I remember the weather back in the 70's. The snow would get so deep up here in Maine they would allow snowmobiles on the roads where cars and 4X4's couldn't even go in the stuff. The snow would be over the tops of the snow plows and they couldn't wing it off the roads. The power would be out for days but with a wood stove and a wood burning cook stove we were warm and fed. My kind of weather! :smiley_th haha I can remember as a kid after shoveling off the roof to reduce the weight strain, sitting on the shovel at the peek and sliding off a 1 story house and having only a short 3 foot drop to the snow banks. There were times we were LITERALLY snowed in. Had to climb out a second story window to shovel out the doors so we could get out. Wish I could find the pics we had from those days. The good old days. Now we are lucky to get 2 feet of snow. :(
LOL I remember the late spring of '71 in Nebraska's Sandhills. We woke up one morning after having a 70deg. day the day before and found snow up to the rooftop. Had to climb out the second story window of the ranchhouse. Took 2 hours to dig out the snowmobile! Poor cattle were bunched up in a draw and we spent the entire day getting hay to them. This was on MAY 13TH!
I'm old enough to know that it all runs in cycles and Mr. Goron was smart enough to become wealthy on a stupid rumour. What is funny is that when they went to Switzerland (McCain and Al and some other pols) to see the result of the glaciers melting, what did they find? They found ancient stone building remains and tools and earthenware. This proved that the melt had occured before many centuries ago. The Warming characters did what they could to keep that hushed. Just let them spout and whine as it will all be proven wrong. Just hope they are around to be embarrassed by their idiocy.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
+1 on the insane declaration lol.

You know global warming is BS when the hole in the ozone layer is actually getting smaller and not bigger :p (and it IS getting smaller).

·
Registered
103 Posts
So you feel better, it's 12 right now here in West Texas. Our high for the past two days! I went out yesterday and tried to start the 750 and she coughed a couple times and then farted out of one pipe so I quit. I'll let the sweet thing hibernate until Friday. Got the Battery Tender on her though. Might be Saturday before she thaws out. Kind of like a 16 year old cheerleader on the first date.

·
Registered
796 Posts
LOL I remember the late spring of '71 in Nebraska's Sandhills. We woke up one morning after having a 70deg. day the day before and found snow up to the rooftop. Had to climb out the second story window of the ranchhouse. Took 2 hours to dig out the snowmobile! Poor cattle were bunched up in a draw and we spent the entire day getting hay to them. This was on MAY 13TH!
I'm old enough to know that it all runs in cycles and Mr. Goron was smart enough to become wealthy on a stupid rumour. What is funny is that when they went to Switzerland (McCain and Al and some other pols) to see the result of the glaciers melting, what did they find? They found ancient stone building remains and tools and earthenware. This proved that the melt had occured before many centuries ago. The Warming characters did what they could to keep that hushed. Just let them spout and whine as it will all be proven wrong. Just hope they are around to be embarrassed by their idiocy.
Yeah there was a time or 2 or 3 that I remember as a kid in early June making snowmen. They didn't last long but it was fun. lol That is why people give me a hard time from other states when they are riding in March. Good riding up here starts in early June but last year was a fluke and I was riding 3 weeks after storing my sleds in March.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
So you feel better, it's 12 right now here in West Texas. Our high for the past two days! I went out yesterday and tried to start the 750 and she coughed a couple times and then farted out of one pipe so I quit. I'll let the sweet thing hibernate until Friday. Got the Battery Tender on her though. Might be Saturday before she thaws out. Kind of like a 16 year old cheerleader on the first date.
I wish I had that date back in the day...

This global warming is killing me...:beerchug:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I wish I had that date back in the day...

This global warming is killing me...:beerchug:
I have one daughter in FW and the other in Coppell. They both said it's a stay at home week for them. Hunkered down with movies and the fireplaces going and the kids at home. Ya'll really got hammered there in DFW!

·
Registered
900 Posts
We ended up with about 14 inches of snow here... crazy cold...snowed in for the most part for 2 days...we were supposed to move tomorrow (Fat chance).. my truck is stuck in a snow drift in the back yard...shuvaled all dang day to try and get it out to go get a moving truck....and the whif says.. hey lets try my car its front whell drive... I say " Honey dont be silly.. the snow is crazy deap and blah blah blah.." She jumps in said car and proceeds to drive thru the yard and onto the street.. and didnt stop to let me in!.. came back a few hours later to inform me she went to check on a friend...Me.. I'm a bit miffed about it but I am cool...so I jump in her car to go and try to get the moving truck....the car is now stuck next to the truck... guess it will be Friday before moving now...wife is mad at me.. not sure why.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
We're at 48° right now and I'm freezing! It's supposed to go down to around 28° by midnight... I'm gonna need more blankets!!

And to think the day before yesterday I was out riding without a jacket :-/

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
I live in Kansas City. I got to work around noon yesterday. Got snowed in and worked till 3:30am! At least I got that sweet OT!

My car:

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Took half the day for two of us to clear out our driveway today. Then we went over the the neighbor's and cleared theirs. We weren't going anywhere, anyway. I heard our official total was 16".

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
To continue................It was -1 out here in the desert this morning. Water pipes freezing everywhere. I heard 1 Mexican died last night on their side of the fence. Was surprised that was all.

Glad I put new Prestone in the old girl last November. The good news is we will be out of this cold air mass Sunday. Maybe low 60's, time to ride again!!!!!!!

Joe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts