Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for another front tire. I am going with a ME 880 was wondering what the widest I can go is. I am tired of wobbling in the freeway groves!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Try typing "tire size" into the search box...quite a few recent threads and options. Rule of thumb I believe though, is that you can go .10 larger w/o mods. So, if you have a 100 now, you can easily go 110. 120 I believe has been done, but IMO dangerously close to forks and fender mounts if tire gets low on air. You can also try a lower profile (75 or 70 instead of 80, etc). The tread pattern itself can cause what you mean...a more agressive tread could help a lot. Less radially channeled.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
i have a 110 duro blvd on mine and like it

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
i just recently put my 110 shinko on and it really does make a difference with those highway grooves

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok..Thanks for the info..I have no way to mount the thing so talked to the guy that does it for me and he said he wont mount anything but stock..which means Highway robbery from the bike shop. $50 if you can believe that garbage!! Again thanks for the feed back

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Ok..Thanks for the info..I have no way to mount the thing so talked to the guy that does it for me and he said he wont mount anything but stock..which means Highway robbery from the bike shop. $50 if you can believe that garbage!! Again thanks for the feed back
Go somewhere else. Tire applications are based on wheel width. The "stock" tires is actually smaller than needed for the rim because they wanted that skinny front tire look. Any shop worth a damn can measure your wheel width and tell you what tires will safely fit.

Tell that shop to go fuk themselves and go somewhere else. I'd drive 100 miles out of my way to avoid dealing with idiots. (And I have)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Pick up a c-clamp and a set of tire irons and change it yerself...I been doin it since the late 60s....
I should make a thread on that...."How To Change Your Own Tire"....hmmmm....more to come....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
And btw...thanks for that link Deuce...I made it a sticky in that section.:smiley_th

1 - 10 of 10 Posts