1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres the run down
2003 vn 750
New tires and new used speedo.unit on front

So i keep hearing a noise that i think might be a bearing noise coming from the front the noise is not constant and is was happining withe the old speedo unit withand without the cable on....makes same noise with new speedo unit as well.
There doesent seem to be any play in the front tire but sounds like a zipper noise...
I did notice that when puttingthe new speedo unit on that the brakes rub a little when wheel is spun. And this morning the noise was ciming and going but wheni was makingthe noise it seemed. When i leaned it was a little worse.

Any ideas?

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
Is it the front tire? Mine made a low howling noise when turning. New Shinko's fixed it.

Anyway, noise from the front tire area is never a good thing. I would continue until fixed.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got nee shinkos on it....not sure what it is bit it comes. And goes almpst sounds like a card in the spokes on a peddle bike..... kinda worried

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could i have the wheel on to tight?
Spacer on wrong .iz was not lile this b4 i changed the tires

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When i put the front on the spacer has a larger. OD on. One side and i put that larger side towards the forks is that right? Ialso get a simmiler noise when useing the front brake bit not as loud

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It makesa rubbng sound from the brakes when on stand i thought was no big deal

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tjey seem to be slightly warped

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just thought it was strange that the noise came and went i mean for the last 11 miles of my ride to work it was quite....but also thought it was strange that when the noise was there that it got worse by leaning mainly to the left

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So i feel like a tool..... seens it was just road noise i noticed on the way home that the sound came and went with the weird road patchs them damn shinkos fooled me....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for trouble shooting with me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts