Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Front tire change question

Tags
front tire
1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  niterider 
#1 ·
About to change my front tire this afternoon and I had a question about the forks. May be dumb, but what stops them from extending fully and messing up me trying to get the new tire back on? I read the verses on the front tire change and it doesn't seem to mention anything about adjusting the psi in the forks when changing the tire. The service manual recommends reading up on it in the forks section however.

I don't have any fancy stand or anything. Just a jack and the center stand.

#2 ·
Been a while since I did mine, but IIRC, put a 2X6 (or two) under the center stand to elevate the rear end. Then tied a 50 lb. sack of dog food to the luggage rack, which raised the front enough to remove the tire. The forks only go down so far, and you shouldn't have a problem getting the tire off and on..

#3 ·
Na u won't need anything under the center stand I used a jack under the front of the frame too hold the bike from doing a noise dive. I torqued everything went for a short ride re torqued then rolled out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.