Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to see how everyone else is raising their front wheel off the ground for removal. I've looked at a number of front stands, but none of them are made for twins. They're all for sportbikes with 17 inch wheels.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I'm looking to see how everyone else is raising their front wheel off the ground for removal. I've looked at a number of front stands, but none of them are made for twins. They're all for sportbikes with 17 inch wheels.
I have engine guards on mine so it works for me to pick up the front end and put jack stands under the bars. Dont see why you couldn't do the same under the frame although my jackstands are too high for that. Shorter ones should work good.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I use a lift similar to this one....

Got it at Kmart, on clearance for less than $30.
With a jack or whatever kind of support you use, you should make sure to somehow secure the bike from tipping over.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I used the jack that came with my pickup. Put it on the center stand. Put a 2x4 between the engine and the jack. Then raise the jack.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Put bike on center stand.

put hydrolic jack on front lower frame in the center.

lift till back tire touches.

3 tire changes, 2 brake jobs, and a partrige in a beer tree later:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Lurch's method is how the MC shop that changed my front tire did it. It works, is cheap, and easy to do.

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot to say thanks to all for the responses. So, THANKS! I like options that don't cost anything. ONe of my favorite four letter f words - FREE! Food is a close second....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts