Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A10 Pilot
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After scouring the forums for some time I cannot seem to find any advice on rotor replacement. Mine are pretty well worn and grooved and I was thinking of putting new ones on, until I saw how darn expensive they are. I really need new tires and pads, so I figured I would do this all at once . Anyone have any advice on this issue? Know where I can get cheaper rotors? Should I even replace them? Thanks.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Possibly you could have the rotors turned to make them smooth again, but I think I read in the vulcan verses somewhere that no one has done this to the best of their knowledge.

You may be better off buying the rotors or a whole front wheel from someone parting out their bike.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Our rotors cannot be turned. They would be out of spec as they don't have much tolerance and the holes in them inhibit them from being turned as well.

You may consider buying used rotors from a wrecked or parted out bike if they are in good shape. I don't know of any aftermarket rotors for our bikes.

·
A10 Pilot
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may consider buying used rotors from a wrecked or parted out bike if they are in good shape. I don't know of any aftermarket rotors for our bikes.
Thats what I figured. Mine are still within usable range so I'll keep em on for now. Can't delay the new front tire any longer. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I just bought some rotors off of eBay ($40, incl shipping) - they seem to be in pretty decent shape overall. I can give them a good once-over today and see if I think they're ok for you. If they're good and if you're interested, I'll sell 'em to you for what I paid for 'em.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Bikebandit.com has aftermarket EBC rotors, not cheap at $143 but better than stock price at $275

·
A10 Pilot
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$143 each right? I think I saw those as well, but they are a little more than I can spend on something that may not be completely needed. I would rather invest in good tires at this point. My 14 year old original rubber is getting scary.

·
A10 Pilot
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While I have your attention, any recommendation on what pads I should buy from cycle gear? They seem to carry EBC, Blackstar, Braking, and Galfer.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
I bought EBC rotors for $147 each from Bike Bandit, they work great and are easy to install. I bought new bolts from cheapcycleparts.com so all was new when I did it. Got new EBC pads too about $38.00. I'm happy with the result.

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Don't buy your new pads from an online dealer. I can hook you up. PM me. I have a slightly used set of green Kevlar ($40 shipped) or a set of brand new EBC HH superbike pads ($45 shipped) still in the wrapper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts