Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have read that the 1500 trees fit on the 750. And from what I read the 1500 forks are 41mm? I am wondering if anyone has put on harley forks with a 21" wheel. If so how much wider are the forks compared to tire size? Trying to figure out what work and parts would be needed if I decided to go this route. Thanks in advance.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
If you go with Harely Forks, you would need the same parts as if you were going with the VN1500 BUBF... which is:
Forks
Triple Trees
Handle Bar Risers
Hand Controls
Handle Bars
Axle
Axle Spacers
Upper Head Bearings (25 x 47 x 15 **Kawasaki Fork Conversion Only** I don't have Harley Bearing listings)
Lower Head Bearings (28 x 52 x 16.5 **Kawasaki Fork Conversion Only** I don't have Harley Bearing listings)
Wheel
Brake Caliper(s)
Brake Rotor(s)
Speedo Drive Hub (assuming you are going to use a mechanical speedo, other wise you will need an electrical speedo pick up sensor)

This is probably the best way to go
1994 94 Kawasaki VN1500 VN 1500 Front Forks Triple Tree Brake Caliper Axle

you mention rake. Just replacing the Forks won't increase your rake that much. the VN1500 Fork is only a an inch at best longer than the 750 forks, and Harley, is 3/4" longer. The benefit is only to get rid of the hideous upper triple tree, and getting a larger diameter Fork Tube. Also if you go with Harley like you suggested then you can use a 21" wheel.

Also with the VN1500 Fork swap, it has to be a pre Y2K model, Classic or standard, No Drifters or Meanies... they use larger bearings and would also need a larger neck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know that not the rake I am going to rake it and and get longer fork tubes. I was debating the harley because extended fork tubes are easier and cheaper for me to come by. My next question then would be if you or anyone knows of a 21" front rim that would fit the vn1500 forks?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
not a clue... I couldn't find axle lengths or fork tube lengths... the conversion chart is a work in progress, I have been piecing it together for several years now.

Email pinwall_cycle_part (ebay store name) and ask him to measure the top tripple for you, or an axle... any VN1500 from 1987-1997 will work, after 1997 a little more modifications need to be done. while you are at it, you could ask him to measure the length of both a stock vn750 lower triple tree pin and that of a 87-97 Vn1500 to figure out how much of a spacer would need to be made.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
iirc 1999 and earlier. The info is in the chart I listed earlier. First post in the thread links to my conversion chart. Save it to your computer and open it with Ms office then you can search the document for VN750 and find all compatible parts in the front suspension and string parts... I can't remember if I got into brake parts at all... I figured that a person would use brakes of of the donor fork tubes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts