Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I pulled off the front caliper and I went to remove the old pads...... One pad has two rods trough it, how do I get the two rods out of the way? (Screw them out? press them out?) I figured I would ask before I break something.

thanks

Stan

·
Registered
721 Posts
one of the rods will compress slightly by hand, but barely enough to get the pad off. Push the pad as far is it will go towards the ends of the rods and then work one end off by sorta peeling it over the end of one of the rods (I found taking it of the left side when the rods are facing you was easier as it seemed to compress a little?). Its somewhat of a challenge, but I did it yesterday and it worked well for me. And I'm a newbie! Good luck!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try it...thanks

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Ya know the pad that ya can compress a bit by hand?

A C-Clamp works a lot better... SLOWLY!!!

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
One of hte pins compresses further than the other. Just enough to wiggle one side of the pad off. I forget which one. Get the one side off and rotate the pad out of the caliper and you should be clear to remove it from the second one. Installation is reverse of removal. Just go slow and don't force it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Changing the pads was pretty easy afterall, it only took about 1/2 hour.

thanks again
Stan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts