Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using a front fork (Under headlight) Mounted bag? I need one since I got rid of the Glove box in the back. Any recommendations would be great. Not looking for leather, trying to keep it on a low budget. Pictures make and model would be great. Thanks....Looking forward to seeing what everyone else maybe using.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
If you order from leatherup... use the promo code 55634 for 10% off

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I had one on mine since day one, but needed to remove it to accomodate a new horn and fairing....check my intro thread for pics of it...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Are you intending to use a fork bag for carrying a toolkit?
If so, pack light or it will end up smashing into the fender on hard bumps and leave marks or even dents. :(

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
I always check ebay too . the price from leather to pvc isn't as much as ud think and they have all kinds of sizes too.
I have one that I keep clear and tinted glasses, du rag, a thin neck gaitor, and a couple beer cozies(the essentials) lol
mine hangs on the horn mount as my horns are on the neck covers now

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had one on mine since day one, but needed to remove it to accomodate a new horn and fairing....check my intro thread for pics of it...
Wolfie could NOT Find any Pics, Sorry....Can you post a link?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I always check ebay too . the price from leather to pvc isn't as much as ud think and they have all kinds of sizes too.
I have one that I keep clear and tinted glasses, du rag, a thin neck gaitor, and a couple beer cozies(the essentials) lol
mine hangs on the horn mount as my horns are on the neck covers now
Tofer - I did check ebay and made a purchase! Here is what I got:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230595288583?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Andrew :pepper:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
FWIW, or future reference, Walmart has a decent sized leather fork bag for $20, no fringe on it though.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
FWIW, or future reference, Walmart has a decent sized leather fork bag for $20, no fringe on it though.

you got a link to it by chance? I searched and found nothing on their website.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
No link, but they were back in automotive with the helmets and their limited shelves of motorcycle stuff. My local store has a whole shelf of the fork bags. I think they even had a concho on them.

I've noticed the wally website doesn't always show what's in the store, but ordering from the website is pretty easy. They send too many emails if you let them.

I figured the walmart fork bags were the reason the Wille and Max bags weren't selling very well in some auctions I watch.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
A picture of mine

I have this tool bag on front of mine. I couldn't raise to horn height as I have the light bar installed. It was rubbing on the fender when I would hit a bump, so I fashioned a small brace out of the rest of the aluminum strip that I previously made my coasters and R/R mount from. Works for me!

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have this tool bag on front of mine. I couldn't raise to horn height as I have the light bar installed. It was rubbing on the fender when I would hit a bump, so I fashioned a small brace out of the rest of the aluminum strip that I previously made my coasters and R/R mount from. Works for me!

I noticed you have some foam (or something) underneath the bag now. I would still be afraid it would hit the fender and scratch it.

No issues?

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Heed the warning, OlHoss is right. I had a fork bag and since have had my front fender repainted to repair the damage that the bag did to it. I realized how much travel there is in the front wheel when it goes over bumps. BTW, this is the second bike that taught me a lesson and cured me. Had a bag on my Vulcan 500 and that front fender was chrome. Never did get the dents out of that one. Better get small saddle bags, in the long run it's cheaper.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I put the foam on as a precaution. No issues yet. Even with full travel, I have just a smidgen to spare.

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
since my horns are on the side covers I have my bag a bit higher than that. I don't keep heavy things in it so I don't worry about it hitting the fender

1 - 20 of 31 Posts