Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a front shock that is leakin!

I had a 2 inch lowering kit installed and all new seals put in but now its leaking. They are telling me that the inner shaft is pitted and thats why it leaking. But i know the right shock is completly blown because their is fluid running down the fork.

So im askin if i could buy new inner shafts and would they work? And does anyone have their front forks lowered? Because im not a big guy but i can feel my forks bottoming out sometimes, and i hear a big "CLUNK!" and was wondering if this is normal for lowered bikes. I know the travel is minimized but not sure if its suppose to bottom out that easily.

Some feed back would be nice guys, and money is tight after buyin the fluid and wet/dry seals... Im just a broke kid

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I have a front shock that is leakin!

I had a 2 inch lowering kit installed and all new seals put in but now its leaking. They are telling me that the inner shaft is pitted and thats why it leaking. But i know the right shock is completly blown because their is fluid running down the fork.

So im askin if i could buy new inner shafts and would they work? And does anyone have their front forks lowered? Because im not a big guy but i can feel my forks bottoming out sometimes, and i hear a big "CLUNK!" and was wondering if this is normal for lowered bikes. I know the travel is minimized but not sure if its suppose to bottom out that easily.

Some feed back would be nice guys, and money is tight after buyin the fluid and wet/dry seals... Im just a broke kid
Sounds like someone is feeding you some crap, they probably installed the oil seal incorrectly. BTW there is no inner shaft just the fork tube and slider. If pitting is the cause you should see it above the dust seal.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I lowered mine. I do get a bottoming out every once in a while. It does take a good bump for it to bottom out. But I did not install the extra small springs that came with the kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts