Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my bike from storage last night - had it sitting 6 weeks or so... I've got some front brake issues that I'll be working on - I got a tow home due to locked up brakes (progressively worse, caused me to lug hard) :|.

I'm considering replacing the whole front brake assembly (calipers, master cylinder assembly, rotors, pads, etc.). I've been doing some searching on eBay and got some hits but want to get thoughts on where to start or what to avoid. This is my first time doing a full front brakes rebuild.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Need to figure out if it's the caliper sticking or a hose collapsing internally and holding pressure.

If you pump the lever, let off, then immediately open the bleeder ... If fluid comes out under pressure, the hose is collapsing. If the caliper is still holding, the caliper itself is stuck.

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
right, perfect way to determine if hoses are collapsed. they can look perfectly normal on outside, but the inner liner can collapse.

one thing, the way the hoses are connected, if you determine its a collapsed hose, it would be a good idea to replace all 3. if the collapsed hose is the upper one (master cylinder connection), either bleeder will give the same result. if its a hose from the splitter to the calipers, likely only 1 bleeder will do it. but if one has failed, the others wont be far behind. and as hard as the system is get bled well, why do it more than once?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts