Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quick question that I can't find in any of the manuals. In reassembling the caliper assembly on the front brakes I've run into a slight problem. I can remove and re-install the pads (the pistons weren't a problem. Just let out a little bit of fluid and pressed down on the pistons until the pads came loose), but in re-installing the brake pads I can't get the small pad to set.

Well, I can get it to set by pushing down and back into the assembly - pressure from the anti-rattle spring seems to lock it into place.

When I push the pistons back however, this forces the brake pad forward and it simply pushes it out of the assembly. Looking for any advice on how to solve this before I go crazy. I'm not crazy, am I?

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
keep fluckin with it you will get it that is one i could fix in ten seconds if i was there but i have no clue how to tell you to do it lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THanks. I gave up. I think the gap between the two pads are too narrow by about a couple of millimeters. That'll learn me from buying from ebay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts