Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bleeding fron brakes

ok so i got my master cylinder apart and replaced the O rings and spring but now I cant seem to get the calipers to bleed out......does anyone have any ideas? thanks

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Are the bolts on the MC cap frozen? That's the usual source o' the problem. Try dousing the bolts in PB Blaster - best solvent around for long-term rust and stuff. Then address the bolts with an impact driver - you'll have to replace those bolts, but that's cheaper than replacing the MC itself. Usually once you get under the cover, the clean-up is just a matter of patience.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the cap off but cant get the " piston" out of the housing..i removed the lock and rubber boot but cant get the piston to pull out

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I got the cap off but cant get the " piston" out of the housing..i removed the lock and rubber boot but cant get the piston to pull out
Here's what the piston looks like once it's out of the housing. It's been awhile since I extracted this one and I don't have an empty housing to try reinstalling, but does this help you at all? If not, I'll see what kind of mess I can make out in the garage (I'm not sure this is what they thought when I said I'd be working at home today! lol)

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea I finally got mine out but not in great condition..lol mine looks a bit different from the one in the picture..ill try to get a pic of mine on here..thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts