Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when I was riding along my bike became very slow and i pulled over to see my front left brake caliper smoking. The front brake was locked up. After a while it released so I rode home and took the hoses off, master cyl, and calipers and rebuilt them. I noticed when I removed the hose from the caliper and bleeder screw there wasn't any fluid coming out so I tried to blow through the hose at both ends of the loops and no air would pass.

There isn't a check valve or anything right? It's just a straight through hose is it not? I can't get it to release any flow through. I tried degreaser, carb cleaner, everything I could think of. Any ideas?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Reactions: One1

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you this is the one that Sat for 10 years before I got it a month ago so I guess it could have. I blew a lot of black sludge out of it a few weeks ago before it locked up yesterday.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ordered 2 used cables off ebay for $15 shipped. If one fails I'll have a spare.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New cables came in last week. Put one on and one for spare. Worked great. Well worth $15 on ebay. With 3 bikes to keep up spare anything is good.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
New cables came in last week. Put one on and one for spare. Worked great. Well worth $15 on ebay. With 3 bikes to keep up spare anything is good.
Any time you see people selling grab bag boxes here, I try to grab them. After a few years I had a whole spare bike in parts/electrics, lol

Reactions: One1

·
Expendable newbie
309 Posts
Do you have three vn750s or two vn750s and a different bike?
I was just curious since your sig says sold after your 94 vn750. Don't know if you meant gold or sold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts