Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99% of the guys here will probably know this, but for the rest of us, hopefully someone can use this someday in troubleshooting:

This morning my front brake lever stopped activating the brake light on the back. Underneath the throttle housing are two leads and wires. I took those off and looked inside. The contacts in the wires were stretched out of shape, so it wasn't making solid contact. Some gentle pressure with needle-nose pliers to squeeze them back closer in and voila! back in business.

Regards,

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
99% of the guys here will probably know this, but for the rest of us, hopefully someone can use this someday in troubleshooting:

This morning my front brake lever stopped activating the brake light on the back. Underneath the throttle housing are two leads and wires. I took those off and looked inside. The contacts in the wires were stretched out of shape, so it wasn't making solid contact. Some gentle pressure with needle-nose pliers to squeeze them back closer in and voila! back in business.

Regards,
:smiley_th Good work !

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Vulcan electrics suck dead dog ballz....Ive always said to check all wires and connections before doing anything else....good catch and post...:smiley_th

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well done, I hate it when I can't fix things and have to buy new bits. So much more satisfaction from spending time fixing rather than just bolting on expensive new stuff.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
I didn't know, but now when it happens, I'll know exactly what to look for first.

I don't only come looking after there's a problem, I learn all I can ahead of time. Keeps downtime to a minimum and makes me look smarter than I actually am. ;)

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts