Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya Guys,
Pretty much got the engine out except for the front bevel gear case.
I have all the bolts loosened.
My clymers says to "Remove the front bevel gear case as described in this chapter" - However - I must be blind. Having looked through the entire chapter 4 I cannot see the heading "Front bevel gear case removal"

Clymers does not say to remove the shaft - So I have not -
Help

Please if somebody could take some pics or leave some detailed instructions on this final but crucial step in getting the engine out - I would be very thankful.

Thanks
Andrew

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
if your sure ALL the bolts are out just tap it easy with a mallet, should pop right off, be sure to hold on to it tightly and keep the closed or outer part down there is a gear inside that will fall out if I remember right!

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
^x2 If I remember it's 7 bolts removed, clutch cable removed, rear exhaust removed, and pull straight towards yourself. The shaft stays in until you pull towards the front of the bike.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Andrew,

With all the bolts out the case should wiggle foward. It should disengage from the driveshaft but, if it doesn't the drive shaft will come out aways with the case, then you can separate them. There is a spring and damper gear on the engine side of the case, they slide off easily so watch out.

Pull the driveshaft out of the swingarm tube and check the splines at the final drive end for lube or lack there of.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay - Got it -
Had to take a really large socket and put on on that "Keyed" bolt in the front and rotate slightly. This gave me the torque to seperate the gasket and the bevel gear.
Broke the gasket - But I figured I would be replacing lots of gaskets anyway before all is said and done

Andrew

·
Registered
458 Posts
Something to keep in mind while you have the gear case removed. The clutch lever can spin, need to keep it from doing that. There is the pin gear that can get positioned incorrectly. It is the pin that pushes on the clutch push rod. When I had my engine removed I did not pay attention to that and the clutch lever got spun around a few times. this caused the pin to be out of place and I could not get the gear case back on the motor.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Heya Guys,
Pretty much got the engine out except for the front bevel gear case.
I have all the bolts loosened.
My clymers says to "Remove the front bevel gear case as described in this chapter" - However - I must be blind. Having looked through the entire chapter 4 I cannot see the heading "Front bevel gear case removal"
Clymers does not say to remove the shaft - So I have not -
Help

Please if somebody could take some pics or leave some detailed instructions on this final but crucial step in getting the engine out - I would be very thankful.

Thanks
Andrew
"Front bevel gear case removal" is in Chpt. 4 of the Clymer manual on page 199. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts