Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all.

As of this morning after pulling the inside alternator cover, it's official, the stator is fried. Not a bad run, 11 years. :)

I still have some digging to do in gathering part numbers for items I want to replace (gaskets, o-rings). As for the regulator, I enjoyed the shunt vs series article:

http://www.vn750.com/forum/19-electrical/94802-mosfet-series-info-here.html

As such, I'm liking the SH775 option.

For the stator, I see Tim Parrott's name mentioned quite often and a website: tpe-usa.com, but that site doesn't appear active. Here are a few of my stator questions:
  • Does he still do stator work and how best to reach him?
  • I've seen comments about long times using Tim: can someone elaborate (2 weeks instead of 1 week... or more like 6 months instead of a few weeks...)
  • Aside from Tim Parrott, are there any other vendors/manufacturers you recommend when buying a new stator?

For my general questions, basically, are there any vendors/manufactures you recommend when buying gaskets and other small items I'll use when putting this all back together? I'm not opposed to dealer for certain items, but I also understand there is tons more knowledge and insight on here, so thought I would ask.

As always, thank you for all the information and knowledge shared here!

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
There's another thread going on this, I posted some stator info there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your post disappeared because you posted a link. Going back and editing it doesn't fix it.
All should be find now..
Thank you Knifemaker! :notworthy

When I originally tried posting the thread, it brought me right back to the edit page, so I was under the impression it never posted. That's when I removed the "URL" tags, since that was the stated error.
The student continues to learn. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts