The old R/R wiring and plug melted bought new one and after bike warmed up the R/R started smoking from the plug the back of the R/R got sticky I don’t know where to go from here? Stator? Or bad wiring ?
Sorry to hear about your problem. It sounds like you replaced the R/R with a stock setup and not a mosfet, but either way I suggest you check the stator output. The procedure is simple and outlined in several places on the forum. Hopefully you have a tester that can read both DC and AC volts. Did you move the R/R from the stock position under the battery and what brand of regulator/rectifier did you get? Also if you have a tester, you may want to follow the procedure and check it. If you have any questions check for the answers here. Almost every problem has been dealt with here at one time or another and many answers to problems have been posted already. Hopefully you have a manual also, either downloaded or paper. You will need one. Good luck.
I had that exact same problem as yours. Believe it or not, a new high quality battery fixed it for me....Was in a pinch one time and bought a cheap Wallmart battery. I noticed the wires smoking the very next day while it was warming up. My thinking was the stator/alternator was running wide open trying to charge that battery all the time...I replaced it with a Yuasa AGM Battery and never smoked or got hot again.... You may have a different issue, ,but I would check to see how much voltage its putting out at idle..
A forum community dedicated to Kawasaki Vulcan 750 motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, reviews, and more! (219 Characters)