Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was learning to routine for feeding the dogs, maintaining the pool ect for someone I'm going to be house sitting for, for a week.

We got on the topic of riding for a while, and the homeowner just decided to give me his Vanson jacket that he had only worn 10 times maximum!!!!! I guess since he appreciated my enthusiasm and was no longer riding he figured I could use it more than him. How freaking awesome is that? My sister looked it up and found the same one going for around $500. It fits perfectly, to boot!:pepper::rockon:

The wild part in not only the guys generosity, but the very NIGHT BEFORE I was shopping online for some new leather b/c my leather "fashion jacket" had failed its first test as a "riding jacket". I had decided that I wanted to save up my coin for something of heirloom quality and a Vanson seemed like the absolute highest quality I could find (as far as you can tell from the internet). I can't believe I got one the very next day after deciding that I wanted one.

I don't mean to boast, I'm just super stoked and I figured you guys would appreciate and understand my excitement. Most people I've told are like "...oh...a leather jacket..." lol
Here is a pic!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200384574248022&set=a.3913538407993.161693.1565418962&type=1&theater

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Definitely a good day for you.I would be telling anybody who would listen too!!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Pretty sweet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm really green when it comes to this whole motorcycle gig and since I've had my vn750 on the road, I've been blown away by how serious people take the "we're all family" part of motorcycle culture. This silly machine sure is teaching me a lot about life.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm really green when it comes to this whole motorcycle gig and since I've had my vn750 on the road, I've been blown away by how serious people take the "we're all family" part of motorcycle culture. This silly machine sure is teaching me a lot about life.
it only gets better brother hell there is a new member on here thats about 50 miles away from me he called asking if i could help him with his bike i said text me your address i will be there tomorrow he said really i said thats what bikers do :motorcycl

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
Awesome. Totally awesome.

Some days the Gods shine down on you and .......some times they crap on you..which just makes those shine down days even more spectacular.

I always said there's only two places to get a real leather jacket .....Bates Leather and Vanson.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
it only gets better brother hell there is a new member on here thats about 50 miles away from me he called asking if i could help him with his bike i said text me your address i will be there tomorrow he said really i said thats what bikers do :motorcycl
Yes, NewRider will be there for you, he was for me...and a knowledgeable mechanic to boot !

:smiley_th

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Today I was learning to routine for feeding the dogs, maintaining the pool ect for someone I'm going to be house sitting for, for a week.

We got on the topic of riding for a while, and the homeowner just decided to give me his Vanson jacket that he had only worn 10 times maximum!!!!! I guess since he appreciated my enthusiasm and was no longer riding he figured I could use it more than him. How freaking awesome is that? My sister looked it up and found the same one going for around $500. It fits perfectly, to boot!:pepper::rockon:

The wild part in not only the guys generosity, but the very NIGHT BEFORE I was shopping online for some new leather b/c my leather "fashion jacket" had failed its first test as a "riding jacket". I had decided that I wanted to save up my coin for something of heirloom quality and a Vanson seemed like the absolute highest quality I could find (as far as you can tell from the internet). I can't believe I got one the very next day after deciding that I wanted one.

I don't mean to boast, I'm just super stoked and I figured you guys would appreciate and understand my excitement. Most people I've told are like "...oh...a leather jacket..." lol
Here is a pic!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200384574248022&set=a.3913538407993.161693.1565418962&type=1&theater
That's AWESOME! Clearly it was meant to be. Just curious, where are you from?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts