Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Fraud?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Krawdad7 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I don't know if it is actually fraud. Might have to contact Ebay on that. What is interesting is that they state that the bike sells for $12,000 new.
Another interesting point is that they just bought this bike on July 6 off of Ebay for $1800. Looks like he is trying to make at least a $900 profit.

#4 ·
Not sure how to report to Ebay, I have never done that before.
I did think it was strange though.

#5 ·
Some sellers will list items twice sometimes in two diff. categories instead of just one auction in several categories. They will stagger them like this one is so they can watch and see which one gets more bids. Just before the one they listed first is set to expire they decide which one to cancel. E-bay won't care (twice the listing fee is charged/paid for starters and it can't be refunded if seller cancels the auction) as long as they don't both end with winning bids and the seller does not honor one of them. I see he has 2 diff. locations listed also.
It is kind of odd- but it happens quite frequently on E-bay. Normally folks won't want to pay E-bays fees for selling vehicles more than one time. Most people actually freak over E-bays vehicle listing fees.

#9 ·
Hey, with that chain of thought I think my 1990 Vn750 should sell for somewhere around $18,500 or so just because it is soo different :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.