Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a page from another post here. I don't remember who it was and I couldn't find it with a search. Anyway, I went out got some 3/4 square (they didn't have 5/8) used some duct tape and I'm going to heat shrink it later for thinkness. Then went to a local junk yard, got a black Pleather headrest and made a backrest for my corbin seat. It may not be the prettiest, but it is comfy!
Cheep as well. $25 for the headrest and maybe $10 for the hardware.

Attachments

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Good job Foxhound!! :beerchug:
Looks functional !! And that's what matters.
Also, with the other holes in the plate, you've got plenty of anchor points for bungee straps.
I would suggest rounding the corners of the plate.

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
Nice handy work foxhound, I think you'll like that when done. What seat are you mounting it to?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I took the dremel to it and cleaned up/smoothed the edges but I do need to grind down those square corners some. Going to paint the hardware flat black, and I was thinking the holes would be good anchor points as well. The most important thing is, it's comfy!!! Long rides will be that much nicer.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay rounded down the edges, and painted up the bare metal parts. Here's how it looks on the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
What is it secured to? Can same be done to stock seat? Id love to make a backrest.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Good job, just like mine.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
What is it secured to? Can same be done to stock seat? Id love to make a backrest.
The Corbin seats have a hole in them for a backrest. It could be done to a stock seat, but would require some cutting of the seat cover, then something mounted to the seat pan to hold the backrest solidly in place.

Looks comfy Foxhound !

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah thats the one that inspired me!! I knew I had seen yours Ccspinner I just couldn't find the post to give you credit. Mines not quite as polished in design, but it is definitely comfy. The hardware I used allows me to adjust it up or down with about a 1.5 to 2 inch difference in height.

I've got the corbin saddle Ryn, and as Hyper said they have a hole designed to accept a back rest. (They cost 200-300 bucks) I've seen backrests for stock saddles that mount to the side brackets. I'm just lucky the bike had a Corbin saddle when I bought it.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I have set screws in mine to hold the headrest, I can also move it if I want.
I welded mine together and painted it. Best mod I have done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts