·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Nice find OHWT. I saved the site too.

Maybe I am just a bit dense this morning, but can anyone tell me what the *intake boot rubber plugs* listed below are for? :confused:
http://www.siriusconinc.com/pro-detail.php?pid=&product_id=3978

KAWASAKI INTAKE BOOT RUBBER PLUGS

Part No. 11-4792
Model SEE DETAILS
Make KAWASAKI
Part Carburetor Repair Kits
Price $ 12.50
Year SEE DETAILS
Status IN STOCK

Description

KAWASAKI CARBURETOR HOLDER PORT RUBBER PLUGS
Part# 11-4972 (you get 4 plugs)
Does HOLDER mean it is just a "foot" or something to support the carb body on the bench while working on it?

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I think these are just vacuum plugs that go on the vac ports on the carbs, if my eye sight isnt failing me today :)
eh.... eh....Me Thinks (The Canada folks fir ya )

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I think these are just vacuum plugs that go on the vac ports on the carbs, if my eye sight isnt failing me today :)
eh.... eh....Me Thinks (The Canada folks fir ya )
That's what I was thinking too when I saw them

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Thanks guys. I didn`t realize there were two vacuum ports on each carb. I know the right side carb vacuum port needs to be plugged when the ears are shaved, the left goes to the petcock, but I`m not sure where the others are??? I remember stuff like that a lot better after I have actually worked on the bike and not just reading about it or looking at pictures. :)

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tis ok OlHossCanada, sometime i forgets which handle bar has the start button on it YooooHooooo.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Thanks guys. I didn`t realize there were two vacuum ports on each carb.
Near as I can tell, there ain't. Leastwise, not on any of the half dozen sets I've got sitting here.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Maybe they just didn't want to sell a single plug... or maybe they're for something completely different and we're wrong thinking they're for the vacuum port. Cause yea, you'd only need one for the right carb.

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
I wondered too because there are only two vac ports on our bikes. One on each carb. I've been intimate with them and that's all there is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A few people who come to this forum have asked for carb rebuild kits. I use a company out of Canada for all my carb parts. Normally i dont recommend or advertise or support any parts dealers but this companys prices are hard to beat. So, have a [email protected]@K see!

http://www.siriusconinc.com/search_...VN750&part=All&partno=&search=search&x=21&y=2
You are awesome sir. Thanks for the info and just like everyone else I bookmarked as well. This community is awesome because of people like you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.