Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are other threads about forward controls. But I'm just curios why they cost so much? Is there something special in making them?

A friend just bought some forward controls for his Suzuki M50 and paid less than $100. I'm not sure what they look like - but they basically just moved the controls forward.

I would like to have some but there is no way I would pay what I saw on the web for them.

Just curious....

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Because they are only made by one company and everyone wants them. I don't know how complicated it is to make them, but it can't be that hard. I would love to make a set.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kind of sucks. I would like to get some as well. I haven't taken a really long ride yet - but even on a 3 hour ride one day I would have liked to change positions

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
If you have long enough legs you can use the rear pegs. Or stretch your legs by sitting on the passenger seat.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rear pegs? I'm trying to picture that...

I have seen some ride on the passenger seat for a bit. honestly - I don't know how stable I am yet :) I could see myself trying that and losing control.

I was riding in a small charity thing a few weeks back. The guy in front of me (either riding a gold wing or big harley - can't remember) was doing different things. Standing up on the pegs, standing up and using only one hand, moving to the passenger seat, then - he hopped up and decided to ride side-saddle for a while.

I decided to slow down and give more distance between us.... :)

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
If you have long enough legs you can use the rear pegs. Or stretch your legs by sitting on the passenger seat.
Like to see that visual, lol ;).
I actually do like where our foot pegs are but I'd like to have pegs in the traditional position (would be easier to lift butt and change positions), as well as forward pegs. I tried fabricating higway pegs similar to what KM did but I didn't think they looked as good as his and it didn't seem like I could find a comfortable position no matter what I did (stock engine guard), so I just put rubber treads on the guard itself so my feet don't slide off... or into the exhaust when I rest them there.. :motorcycl

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually - I would probably be satisfied with an engine guard and highway pegs. I don't mind the stock position when riding in town.

I do agree - would be cool to have both stock pegs and forward at the same time

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Actually - I would probably be satisfied with an engine guard and highway pegs. I don't mind the stock position when riding in town.

I do agree - would be cool to have both stock pegs and forward at the same time
Have you thought about floorboards?
http://www.chadsbike.com/floorboards.htm

I thought he made some bolt on highway pegs too but didn't see them.

There's a album in at my flickr site below with plans on making your own (floorboards and highway pegs)

I thought someone else here made some highway peg mounts to........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts