Registered
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful... but I can't justify the $210
They tried no reserve auctions last year and a couple of sets went for $100, so they quit doing that. Give them some time and they might start taking offers. These things were just over $700 at one point, probably why they've had so many sitting around..

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,688 Posts
$221 with shipping? well, I won't be buying a set. but then again, even if they were cheaper, I would most likely not pick up a set. I'm too short for these. lol

thanks for the heads up though. :smiley_th

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$221 with shipping? well, I won't be buying a set. but then again, even if they were cheaper, I would most likely not pick up a set. I'm too short for these. lol

thanks for the heads up though. :smiley_th
They make my back hurt just looking at them, or I would've nabbed them at $100.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I was really determined to get a set of these, but then I decided getting a guard and pegs was maybe a better idea. At 6’3” and with legs that aren’t as young as they used to be, what I need more than anything else is the ability to change the position of my legs during a ride.

Of course, as of last night my bike won’t start anyway, so that helps :)

My guard is still slowly making its way here in my daughter’s trunk, and my pegs have arrived.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I miss Wolfie on threads like these. "$221 for a set of fooking forward controls? I'll sell ya a real, cow pasture lay down tested set for half that fooking price. But some idiot will buy a set of those monstrosities,as one is born every fooking minute"

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Paulywog

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I miss Wolfie on threads like these. "$221 for a set of fooking forward controls? I'll sell ya a real, cow pasture lay down tested set for half that fooking price. But some idiot will buy a set of those monstrosities,as one is born every fooking minute"
You nailed it. I’ve only been around a couple of months, and I’ve seen that reply at least half a dozen times.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
You nailed it. I’ve only been around a couple of months, and I’ve seen that reply at least half a dozen times.
I really miss the old man

·
Registered
202 Posts
They tried no reserve auctions last year and a couple of sets went for $100, so they quit doing that. Give them some time and they might start taking offers. These things were just over $700 at one point, probably why they've had so many sitting around..
I got one of those "$100" sets. I think it was $80+shipping. I had been looking for something for a long time, but it was either too expensive or I didn't like the look. I love them. I did a write up on them here somewhere. I am 6"0" and I really do think they are amazing. my knees feel so much better now. And on the plus side, they work with the crash bar.

I guess Im that idiot... although I paid less than half price. Wolfie tried to sell me the forwards right off his bike one day. I asked him how he was going to ride without them? He said he had the original sent-up in the garage he would put on there and then make another set of forwards tomorrow. How he said it was so funny, honest, and cavalier, I laughed all the way home.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Soon to be gone for good, as far as Refined Cycle is concerned.

DISCONTINUED! Only about 20 sets left & gone forever!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FC12-Forward-Controls-for-Kawasaki-Vulcan-750-85-06-VN750-FITS-1985-2006-VN-/122251447353?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Item description
They move your feet forward 6.5". Sadly, we are retiring these forwards. When they are gone, they are GONE! NOT AVAILABLE any longer. This is a 1 hour or so bolt on project.
even though the post is about a year old, the link is still good and they have "more than 10 available" and the price has dropped to $186.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
even though the post is about a year old, the link is still good and they have "more than 10 available" and the price has dropped to $186.
After one year they still have over half the inventory sitting on the shelf and they now dropped the price down $34. Maybe in about two or three years the price will be down to where they should have been originally. I am sure Wolfie would have said the same thing except in a much more convincing way. lol

Reactions: TheJabberWoggy

·
Registered
111 Posts
After one year they still have over half the inventory sitting on the shelf and they now dropped the price down $34. Maybe in about two or three years the price will be down to where they should have been originally. I am sure Wolfie would have said the same thing except in a much more convincing way. lol
it's amazing how the stupidly overpriced things never sell as their headline would suggest. Maybe the demand isn't high enough to warrant the high price? Economics 101.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts