Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Etiquette

5K views 49 replies 23 participants last post by  KIMMERLING 
#1 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Recently I happened upon a post of interesting discussion pertaining to the manner in which we correct/point out things to each other and manners in general. I just wanted to point out as a Psychiatric Nurse...my observations.

Certainly some manner of politeness is required to respond to each other....but...personality and method can be an individual thing. Individuals that are direct/to the point...can be received as abusive or berrating. Via email and text..it is difficult to place intonation, nonverbal cues, and my beloved sarcastic inuendos. On the other hand...an individual may have a mentoring spirit....wisdom applied to the new guy in us all (particularly me) and a nurturing(although it sounds really wussy like) manner that fosters growth amongst the motorcycle lifespan.

My point with all this is that we need both of you in the forum. I as a new guy appreciate your no bs attitudes (cuz I want to live not die on the road) and your vision of a better Vulcan 750 rider. I say..be who you are! If I don't like it....I will complain and/or boycott your behinds! Just like I did to West Fort Worth Kawasaki after they screwed me over on my tires(see other thread). Just thought I would throw in those few cents. Stay cool.

See less See more
#3 ·
As with any community, there are some old battles that occasionally flare up on here. In the thread you mention, Kimmerling, Fergy was spot-on: those critiques of KM would've best been done in private, and for some of the reasons you mention (can't always properly infer tone or intent from a written comment).

99% of the time, though, this is all about being helpful and making sure we ride safely and come back to post another day. :)

#12 ·
Amen Bro!

#4 ·
boycott your behinds! Just like I did to West Fort Worth Kawasaki after they screwed me over on my tires(see other thread). Just thought I would throw in those few cents. Stay cool.
So, how did that turn out? Did we do any good at all?

Reactions: KIMMERLING
#11 ·
Kawasaki Ft Worth

Nothing became other than me filing with the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau. At least its a matter of public record. They will answer to The Almighty someday.

#5 ·
On behalf of all the members who inevitably have trouble avoiding your 'beloved sarcastic innuendos', Thanks for the post KIMMERLING!... I have always wondered how to conduct myself on this forum!
(evidently they skipped over Blogs in my etiquette class)

#8 ·
Oh lord, what the *** did I do now?

:p

KM

God! I Hope This Place Never Changes. It's all the personallities (if you watch long enought) That I love the best about this place. While I'm no expert I will say. "There's alot of places on the net to get motorcycle information, but there's only one I want to be insulted by, praised by, embaraced by, enjoyed by... ect, ect & that's right here. You Folks Rock.:beerchug:

#9 ·
STFU and go for a ride. :hitanykey :smiley_th

#16 ·
X2 on that...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#26 ·
Awwww!lol

#17 ·
Etiquette,interesting word to use around this bunch,LOL

#19 · (Edited)
Kimmerling, why did you dig up a six month old post then complain about it? If you're gonna comment on a post that was dead and should have stayed that way, you should've done it back in August when it was going on. I'm not about to dig up a negative post from a year ago then bark at the people who posted about it am I?

Can't believe I'm saying this but KM you did nothing. As irony would have it, Kimmerling needs some "forum etiquette" not you. Learn to check dates on when things were posted before you post about them. No one needs old negativity on a motorcycle forum this time of year. I promise we'll find new stuff to bark at eachother for starting very soon. The old dead stuff can stay that way. That's all I have to say about that.

#25 ·
us

LibertyPilot, I am and was well aware of the dates of the posting. You fail to realize that my comments were very non judgemental and were stated in a manner that would benefit rather than negate. I am sorry your so worked up about it. If you interpreted them as negative then..that is how you feel. The rest of us are willing to learn from all the postings...old or new. I for one am not afraid to stand in the door and learn from this excellent forum!

#21 ·
km60155;
Boone NC & App. State, boy do you ever have some good riding roads around there... I have in time gone by worked near and stayed in Boone, also worked around Cranberry NC, Mountain City, & Elizabethton Tn. & have shot some 1000 yd. benchrest matches not too far from Boone toward Wilksboro (I think)...All beautiful country...
All I can say is, you don't need no Dragon tail, you can find your own any time you choose...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#22 ·
We love riding up here, I'm pretty sure 'Hog Heaven' refers to Western NC. Let me know next time your in the area, I am always looking for someone to ride with. (and that goes for any of you boys.... and ladies! :D)

#23 ·
First of all, let me state up front, for whatever it's worth. I HATE DEALERS. They are the one aspect of motorcycling that makes me cringe. I seriously doubt that I will ever buy another new bike, I do my own work, and I get my parts and supplies online.

As for forum etiquette, this seems to be a pretty decent forum. I have gotten into trouble on a few forums that were overmoderated to the point of absurdity. I have also left a few forums that basically weren't moderated at all, mostly populated by immature teenagers, who posted in this new "texting" language.

There are always a few troublemakers on every forum, and I've had to learn not to let myself get baited into a flame war by some of them. I tend to be stubborn, set in my ways, have solid reasons for feeling the way I do, and stand behind what I believe in. This sometimes makes it hard to back out of an argument, but I've actually gotten pretty good at it. I can usually tell when something is a friendly debate, or someone trying to stir up trouble. Jerry.

#24 ·
I totally understand after recent postings! It is a discipline to not get baited into flame wars....there are those among us that can't take scrutiny of their public displays ....people more senior than I fail to see the benefits of learning from history. I appreciate your comments.

#28 ·
oh i get it...after you have all those beers you shut up because your intoxicated? I get it now. I didn't understand why you were telling us that you shut up but now i understand. Keep the rubber down.:BLAM:

#30 ·
:dead_hors

#35 ·
Things getting a little boring with winter setting in Doug? :p

#37 ·
Thought so!

#39 ·
It's mid-December, stop posting and go for a ride! :)

#41 ·
damn californians! four inches of snow where I'm at!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.