Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I can't take full credit, its bits and pieces of other peoples research that I have compiled together into an understandable format (for my self). Eventually I will make it so you can type in your Stock bike information, and it will give you the list of complete front ends that are compatible along with how tall they are.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
well one of the days when your back says screw you i'm not working today you could steal alot of the info from what they have on the all balls site

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of it is already listed on my chart... I am having a tough time finding fork tube lengths. I have the ones I could readily find listed... but will continue searching

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
well it will be a cool piece of info if i ever bend my forks cause there are no vulcans in the bone yards around here

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
And in case y'all forgot.... You can get any length of fork you want from Frank.

http://www.frankmain.qpg.com/

Even just stock size replacements.......
forking by frank hold on let me pick my mind up out of the gutter
there we go yes that is forking genius :smiley_th
bookmarking that page cause i want me some about 6 inches longer one day once the old lady figures out how to ride and i can bob my betty
damn it mind back in the gutter :doh:

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never forgot about Forks By Franks KM, This is for those of us that like to Frankenstein our bikes for what ever reason. It is also to help all those out there bobbing their bikes and want to get rid of the hideous stock triple tree.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
hew i like my stock tree its not hideous its just special kinda lacking something like idk chrome maybe

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
Will he do custom angle T-T's? If so, I wonder if his solution would be cheaper than the AME kit which cost $2K. Be nice stretch it out some since my bike is getting a nasty drop.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Will he do custom angle T-T's? If so, I wonder if his solution would be cheaper than the AME kit which cost $2K. Be nice stretch it out some since my bike is getting a nasty drop.
have no clue give him a call worst he could say is fork you

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On a bobber we want to remove everything possible... but taking the instrument panel off of the triple tree looks gross.

VS

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not that I am aware of.. He does just makes new tubes to put into your stock Triples... but see that is where my conversion chart comes into play... get raked triple tree from another bike that uses the same steering bearings as ours that has the correct raked triple, then call frank to get the right set of forks made... it would still be under $2000.

Or if I could get the list completed on lengths, a whole different front end could be had for a couple hundred off of eBay.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
see.. so my bike looks dumb right now
what do you expect your in the middle of giving it a one off makeover from ground up

bet my custom seat looks dumb as hell right now but when its finished it will be beautiful i hope :smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I kinda dont think that Frank is with us anymore (heck, I remember his work from the 60s)...more than likely, its his kid/s or whatever...but Im sure the quality is still there....he'd prolly be around 90 now, I think....

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I kinda dont think that Frank is with us anymore (heck, I remember his work from the 60s)...more than likely, its his kid/s or whatever...but Im sure the quality is still there....he'd prolly be around 90 now, I think....
From what I have read here real recent.. his wife is still answering the phone for the business, and knows her stuff when it comes to the best fork for your scoot.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...thats cool....Frank was an icon...just like Arlen, etc...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts