Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
D2u
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the h**l do you compress the fork springs. I have 285lbs leaning on them and i can't get them to compress enough to get the retainer ring out.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
How the h**l do you compress the fork springs. I have 285lbs leaning on them and i can't get them to compress enough to get the retainer ring out.
Did you drain the fluid? :doh:

·
D2u
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No I didnt cause that is like step 10 in clymers.step 2 was compress spring and remove retaining clip.I thought of doing that,but then i figured i still wouldnt be able to compress the spring,and all i would have done was drained the oil and not been able to put new oil back in.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts

·
Addicted to Projects
545 Posts

·
D2u
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once again Lance you have pulled me from the flames! Your tip was right on the money.I drained the oil and it went much better.Man that oil in the forks was nasty.I changed the rear shock oil as well.I can't belive the difference in the ride,and handling.:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I did my shocks a week after the forks and if I had known how much better they (forks & shocks) were going to feel, I'd have done it all last year.

Not a hard job, and the results are impressive. ;)

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
I tried pulling the retainer on a set of 250 forks the other day and couldn't get it. Of course, they're not on the bike either, which makes it 1,000 times harder than it had to be...

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I tried pulling the retainer on a set of 250 forks the other day and couldn't get it. Of course, they're not on the bike either, which makes it 1,000 times harder than it had to be...
So how does this story end? Or has it not yet? :drool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts