Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, getting ready to check/replace wheel bearings and I thought , well if i am going to put on a fork brace, this is the time to do it. I would like some input on the brace, I have no experience with them at all, I understand the concept, but I figure someone on here has one or at least can shed some light my way, just don't know if it is worth the money, thanks to all.

·
Registered
387 Posts
According to the Superbrace site:
"fork stabilizer that...reduces speed wobbles, fork flex, front tire wear and rain groove sensitivity while dramatically improving overall handling and front-end stability."

And from what I've heard they work well. I also heard that the clearance between the brace and fender is about 2 pages thick.

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
I put one on my Vulcan, and did notice a diffrence. (for the better)
I think all bikes should have them, as they just make sence. (If you understand physics)

Just be sure the forks go up and down smoothly and do not bind. If you do not have progressive springs in your forks, I would do that first, or if you have the time and money, do both..

KM

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ok...maybe a dumb question, but do you need to change the fork seals when you change the springs?

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
Ok...maybe a dumb question, but do you need to change the fork seals when you change the springs?

No. You only need to replace them if they are leaking. There are several write ups in the Verses on installing the Progressive springs.
Changine springs is fairly easy, changing seals is a bit of a pain............

KM

·
Premium Member
382 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts