Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Let's Ride!!
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... if you also put a passenger backrest on afterward, how did you do it? What model backrest did you use, and how did you mount it to the bike? Details and pictures of what you did and the method used are greatly appreciated.

·
Let's Ride!!
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I thought about it being the wrong area after I hit the post button.

As for the other threads, I did do a search, and they seem to all be about simply installing the 900 seat - which I have already done - and little to no information about a backrest and most importantly what type/model they used and how they installed it. I'm looking for details and options, and there didn't seem to be much of either out there. Or maybe I just entered the wrong search string.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
No big deal :) just be nice to have Everything one would need to know about using a 900 seat on the 750 in one easy to find thread.

As for the backrest... You'll have to wait for someone that actually has one with that seat to find this thread.

A better subject line might have been. "anyone install 900 seat and backrest?" that way those that did might see it better.

You can also look at for a photo of it here and pm the member involved.

That aside, I would guess you can put any backrest on the bike with some work.....

·
Let's Ride!!
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, but how did you mount it? Did the heritage sissy/grab bars fit on the 750? Did the bolt holes line up? Details are appreciated.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Hey Dave, I'm at work so I can't see the pics but I believe this thread shows how the backrest is mounted. I'm probably wrong, lol. There's a multimedia block here so I can't see images from certain sites. Like the one I use to host my images. :doh:

Anyway. This backrest allowed me to use one of the exsisting holes & I drilled the second to position the angle as I wanted it. I cut the back mount section off so it would look better.

This is the base of the one I used.

I cut it about here...........^

Mine mount behind the siderails, longer bolts to accomidate what I did ect. Being I'm not totally familiar with the 900 seat setup, this truley is just to give you an idea of how it could be done.

·
Let's Ride!!
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's the seat I used:

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Since I can't see my pics till I get home I'm not sure what I showed you. lol Basically what I see there is a clean slate. You could do so much with that. I opted to leave the side rails, I just cut them to fit under the pilion portion of the seat. That way My backrest mounts are partially hidden by them.

I'll have to look at what I posted in that link tonight.

·
Let's Ride!!
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see that. Do you have the backrest brackets attached just by one bolt on each side, or did you drill a second hole to stabilize it?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Got my seat mounted tonight and the grab rails and rack cut down to work with the seat. I have one bolt that the nut goes under the fender to hold the seat in place. Waiting on the backrest to get here so I can mount it, put the bags and mounts back on and post up pictures. Hope the seat mounts work well in use. I'm 320 pounds and the wife is 135. We got on it in the shop and bounced it around and all when well. The back rest I have coming is 9 3/4 inches wide at the base but the seller didn't know what it came from. Lookes just like the Honda 1100 that are posted on ebay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts