Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics from last week when my bud helped me pull the engine and remaining bits from the bike. Kinda sad really, another VN750 never to be ridden again. (Ignore the date in the pics, I just reinstalled the batt in my camera and forgot to set it.)

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Great shots, AJ. Looks like you had fun doing the break down. I'm sure many people will be glad to get parts from this one.

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
It realy is sad to see a bike that has takin its last ride...but then again, those tires should get my vulcan back on the road.

·
former lurker
159 Posts
It realy is sad to see a bike that has takin its last ride...but then again, those tires should get my vulcan back on the road.
Kind of like the circle of life, isn't it?

Yes, I agree it's sad to see one go down, not to be riden again. But in the process, it's helpin' out a bunch of folks getting new life back into their rides, and those are nice to see rolling down the road.

Thanks for parting it out AJ :smiley_th

Frank

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yeah, thanks for the parts AJ.:)

Don't know if I'm going with a crew over to Louisiana or not, so it may be this weekend or a couple of weeks till I can put the parts I got from you on.

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On a side note, those frames are super light without the engine. More so when you get the tires off. My bud was laughing because he had just fallen on his a$$ trying to look like he was riding a bike with no wheels. The frame had been propped up in the normal position, and when he sat on the back half, over he went. I almost dropped my camera.

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's my very first bike I ever owned. 2007 Ninja 250. The last year of the "classic" styling. She's been stuck on the lift for a couple weeks waiting for me to finish the 6k mile service.

·
IBEW 915 Electrician
115 Posts
Here are some pics from last week when my bud helped me pull the engine and remaining bits from the bike. Kinda sad really, another VN750 never to be ridden again. ...
In most states a tradgedy such as this requires an autopsy.
Could you give a "why" to this? What happened to the bike that required its "parting". In the meantime, condolences. :beerchug:

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Here are some pics from last week when my bud helped me pull the engine and remaining bits from the bike. Kinda sad really, another VN750 never to be ridden again. (Ignore the date in the pics, I just reinstalled the batt in my camera and forgot to set it.)

I Love this shot! Great angle! Would be great in a photo contest!:rockon:

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In most states a tradgedy such as this requires an autopsy.
Could you give a "why" to this? What happened to the bike that required its "parting". In the meantime, condolences. :beerchug:
To be honest there are a couple issues. First I suspect a blown head gasket. Almost no coolant left but the oil was overfilled and foamy. Oh yeah, and it was blowing out of hte breather. Also the engine started making a loud clanking from the bottom end (front right) consistent with engine speed. Sounded like someone threw a piece of silverware in there and it was rattling around. Initially I suspected the ACCT but it was too low for that and I had one let go on another bike. This sound was different. It also was not the clutch as it was consistent with engine speed, reagrdless of gear (even in neutral). I'll eventually tear it down and see if I can't find what's wrong.

And for Doug, here are some pics that are a little more interesting than my black 07 ninja. This is my project Ninja, an 06 that had an even worse banging noise in the engine, kinda like valve slap. Ended up swapping the motor and I'm gonna sell it soon.

Before:

During:

New motor:

After:

I think I've learned more about building and un-building and rebuidling motorcycles in the last 2 months than I have in the almost 2 years I been riding.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I'm curious as to why too, looks like it was a really clean bike.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
sorry, didnt realize there was a page two before I posted that!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts