Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try the WAAAAYYYBBBAAACCCKKKK machine!

Clicky Here

I can't gurantee all the links or pictures will work, but there is a wealth of text info.

I puttered around for a bit in her archived site this morning and all of the text seems to be coming up fine.

If anyone can ever get a hold of Gypsy (I know we are unsure of where she actually is now) and ask if we rebuild her website here at VN750.com, it'd be appreciated (by me and everybody!) I'd gladly take up the task of reformatting all of the info here. But I won't do it without her permission.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Ahhh...I thought I remembered that there was a wayback machine, but that was a long time ago. So, How did you find her site amongst all the info that is backed up?

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Nevermind. Never used the info there until now, but it's fun to go back.

·
Geek
872 Posts
Way to go !

I havn't seen that stuff in a long time.

·
Registered
699 Posts
THANK YOU DMAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sure looks like my cam chain tensioner, most of the pictures on Gypsy's site are blocked off to me the the 1 of the acct shows and thats it....I wish I could now get the rest open

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
The pics are blocked for me as well no matter which browser I use. Can we get them unblocked or is it a link problem??

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
What? You want pics, too? Hey, the web archive is only 100 Terabytes. They don't have the resources to hold all that data AND pictures! Think about it, all the pages of the internet, all the way back to the early years (my place goes back to 1996).

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I kept hearing / reading about "Gypsy" and her site. I used the provided link and found the site to be very informative and an interesting read. My thanks to those that sparked the interest, and to the person that found the way back. Good Site!

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sky Rider said:
The pics are blocked for me as well no matter which browser I use. Can we get them unblocked or is it a link problem??
Unfortunately, its a matter of what was indexed by web-bots back when the site was operational. There is no way to get the pics back....

But, all the info is still there.

·
Registered
699 Posts
ok as long as I know its not just me that can't see the pictures, I couldn't understand why when I right clicked on them it didn't give me the show link option.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Gee, I think we inundated the servers. Now all I get is "We are experiencing technical difficulties"

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I just tried it, and it worked for me.
Save what ya want while ya can !!!!

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hyperbuzzin said:
I just tried it, and it worked for me.
Save what ya want while ya can !!!!
I am going to start archiving her site. If anyone can get in touch with her (I know its been a difficulty) I'll gladly recreate it here on VN750.com

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I have offered gYpSy Michelle the opportunity to visit our site and hopefully contribute. Sometimes there are months between our correspondence since she has moved on and has started a new life. She was an incredible help to me some time ago and I’ve never forgotten it.

Hi Gypsy,
Just thought I would drop you a line to say HI! I was thinking about you today after reading a number of posts about YOU! It seems there are quite a few people who are wondering where you are. They have commented on just how truly wonderful your web site was. Anyway you can catch it all at VN750.com . By the way what are you riding these days? I'm still on my trusty 1995 VN750. I've been completing some work on it this summer. Most is superficial including the thermostat and hose changes. All is great.

I hope you are well and doing fine. If you want a little pick me up visit VN750.com and do a search on your name. It's clear that you are held in high regard and that your contribution to the community is priceless. Take care.

Mike

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Mike!

It was good to hear from you...thanks for the heads' up on the 750 site. Yup--I still ride my 750 up here in Alaska, as well as a Honda Sabre. The 750 is working just fine, with over 111,000 miles on it thus far....and it still stirs a fuss everywhere I go with it....

My work life has heated up a great deal, as I'm now an Operations Manager at an airport in Anchorage. As you can imagine, it's pretty a pretty lofty responsibility, what with "going 150mph" all day long (busy)! Add to that the commute (by motorcycle in the summer, of course), and you guessed it--not much time for anything else. My, how life can change in such dramatic ways.... I have even taken some flying lessons (small aircraft) which is pretty big stuff...nothing quite like the feeling of being in control of a quarter-million dollar instrument of transportation, much less how busy it is piloting it.

Please say hi to everybody for me, and I wish I had enough time to stop by. Frankly, email alone is pretty much of a luxury these days.

gYpSy michelle

·
Registered
9 Posts
THat is the first time I have seen that site and it is pretty awesome.
Thanks!!

Jesse
'01 VN750
Mounted ammo cans paint black.
Northampton, MA

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I have offered gYpSy Michelle the opportunity to visit our site and hopefully contribute. Sometimes there are months between our correspondence since she has moved on and has started a new life. She was an incredible help to me some time ago and I’ve never forgotten it.

Hi Gypsy,
Just thought I would drop you a line to say HI! I was thinking about you today after reading a number of posts about YOU! It seems there are quite a few people who are wondering where you are. They have commented on just how truly wonderful your web site was. Anyway you can catch it all at VN750.com . By the way what are you riding these days? I'm still on my trusty 1995 VN750. I've been completing some work on it this summer. Most is superficial including the thermostat and hose changes. All is great.

I hope you are well and doing fine. If you want a little pick me up visit VN750.com and do a search on your name. It's clear that you are held in high regard and that your contribution to the community is priceless. Take care.

Mike

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Mike!

It was good to hear from you...thanks for the heads' up on the 750 site. Yup--I still ride my 750 up here in Alaska, as well as a Honda Sabre. The 750 is working just fine, with over 111,000 miles on it thus far....and it still stirs a fuss everywhere I go with it....

My work life has heated up a great deal, as I'm now an Operations Manager at an airport in Anchorage. As you can imagine, it's pretty a pretty lofty responsibility, what with "going 150mph" all day long (busy)! Add to that the commute (by motorcycle in the summer, of course), and you guessed it--not much time for anything else. My, how life can change in such dramatic ways.... I have even taken some flying lessons (small aircraft) which is pretty big stuff...nothing quite like the feeling of being in control of a quarter-million dollar instrument of transportation, much less how busy it is piloting it.

Please say hi to everybody for me, and I wish I had enough time to stop by. Frankly, email alone is pretty much of a luxury these days.

gYpSy michelle
Question is; Where is she???
Ankorage, Alaska :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts