Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 VN750-20 with 4435 miles. Plexifairing III and AGM battery new last summer. New Michelin Commander tires with 200 miles on them. Thanks to everyone's suggestions I have changed all fluids on schedule, greased the drive shaft spline, moved rectifier to cooler spot, irridium plugs, ACCT to MCCT, Xtravision Halogen headlight, and electronic turn signal canceler (otherwise stock). Bought it used last year for $3100, asking $3300 OBRO. Call (207) 223-2550 evenings. Winterport, Maine:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking little expensive,
Thanks for your reply. Obviously, I put over $600 additional investment in the motorcycle in materials alone. The result is a motorcycle in excellent condition, not needing anything but a license plate and a rider to take it on the road! Please note I also said "OBRO" - or Best reasonable offer. What do you think it is worth?

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
So, after all that work why do you want to sell it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2004 Vulcan 750 For Sale

I really enjoyed the bike and was prepared to set it up with bags, rack, and trunk for touring, but found a used Gold Wing in excellent condition for a good price all set for touring (obviously). I have now reduced the price to $3100. What did you get for your Vulcan?

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
I sold mine for $1,650. That was the best I could get for it. I started it at $2,500, kept dropping it until I finally sold it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's crazy, I just had a dealer tell me this weekend that 1600 was trade value for my 2001 and I have 7500 miles on it. I also have been looking at craigslist and anything in the starter bike class that runs good and has some life in it is going for no less than 2500. I'm thinking maybe parting it out is the best. I would be interested to know what anyone who did got for it. It seems a shame to part a good running bike though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I should also add that the dealer was reading it to me out of a book when he said 1600 and he offered an extra 1000 if I bought off the floor.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The thing to remember with dealers is that they are looking to make money on their "investment" in your trade in if they can. So they will offer you a lower value so they can then turn around and sell it for a profit, or at the very least wholesale it and break even. That applies even though they are making a good amount on a sale of a new bike to you.

That's why it is almost always best to sell to a private party if possible.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I really enjoyed the bike and was prepared to set it up with bags, rack, and trunk for touring, but found a used Gold Wing in excellent condition for a good price all set for touring (obviously). I have now reduced the price to $3100. What did you get for your Vulcan?
Like a boat, once purchased, seems no one is never able to get money invested back out of it (even if re-sold within a year). Throw money into a hole in the water.

Boys Toys...........

OHV, ATV, Boats, Guns, MC, Tools....you name it !

If you spend money / custom it nicely to your tastes, intend to keep and enjoy the niceties.

WilliamTech
:smiley_th

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Yeah, when I sold mine I had to strip all the extras off and sell them, then return the bike to stock condition to sell it.... kinda sux, but that's the way it is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts