Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have some stuff left over from my rebuild this past year/winter. This is all off an '86 750.

Front left peg

Front Right peg

Gear shifter arm

rear brake pedal and bracket

Mostly complete stock exhaust pipes, goat, and mufflers

Stock rear shocks kinda dirty but could be cleaned up I think. One has a small dent in it.

Stock fork springs

I believe I also have a pair of unopened fork seals I bought just in case, but I can check to be certain.

a Vulcan 1500 (fuel injected) tank that was to be chopped, but ended up not going that route. In good condition, did not see any rust inside at all. Paint and side badges are excellent. *notice* I was told that this has a slight dent at the top, rear, left of this tank. I cannot see it or feel it, but I trust the body work guy that told me it was there. I got it for ~$75, but make me an offer of some kind as I want it gone.

I also have most of what is leftover from replacing my cockpit. The speedo seems to be broken. The odometer counts accurately, but the speed indicator is shot. I believe the tach. to be ok. Both pods are separated from the dashboard. I also have the upper half of the dash. The metal bracket that bolts to the triple trees is gone and most of the wires to the indicators are cut per my electronic dash install thread, but the center gauge is there as well as all the plastic.

I am mainly looking for a good radiator as the one I got seems to be weepy or have a small leak in the middle of the finned area. I also plan on replacing the stock handlebars and putting iso grips on so if you have anything along those lines to trade, let me know.

Chiron

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some photos taken of it from some time ago, but they're on my home network. I'll have to log on and post/send them to you when I get home from work.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
If you have the fork seals, let me know how much you want for them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I need a heat shield for the left side if you still have it and will sell it apart from the rest of the exhaust.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wvshaneb, I committed the exhaust to someone else right before I got the notice that you had posted a response. I'm sorry. I can ask the person if they need that particular piece though if you'd like.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'd appreciate that, thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
flitecontrol, I couldn't find them last evening, but I was also concentrating on starting my bike for the first time too. I'm going home on my lunch break today so I'll look again. I'm almost certain I have them there on my bench, it's just a matter of locating them. :)

wvshaneb, I talked to the guy about the exhaust and he said you can have the left side shield. PM me your address and I'll try to get it mailed out to you. $5 plus shipping sound ok? Let me know.

seebeeare, I have some photos and I think it's what you're looking for, but I'm not certain. I'm getting the photos off the camera here in a bit. PM me your email address and I'll just send them directly to you for you to see.

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Chiron I have a radiator I can sell you. Shoot me a pm and we can work something out (I'd be interested in the fork seals, but sounds like they're already accounted for!).

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Chiron I have a radiator I can sell you. Shoot me a pm and we can work something out (I'd be interested in the fork seals, but sounds like they're already accounted for!).
If Chiron finds them, Cindy, they are yours. I need to repay the hint on locating my "lost" tank grommets (and saving my fan/radiator!) and this is the least I can do.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok, well I did find them during lunch. They were in a bag from a dealership with a big "Kawasaki" written on the front. Who knew? :)

So am I to take it that you're passing them over to Cindy, Flite?

*BTW* Just to make sure we're talking about the same things, these are part # 92049-1230 seal-oil,fork.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Ok, well I did find them during lunch. They were in a bag from a dealership with a big "Kawasaki" written on the front. Who knew? :)

So am I to take it that you're passing them over to Cindy, Flite?

*BTW* Just to make sure we're talking about the same things, these are part # 92049-1230 seal-oil,fork.
Yes, Cindy now has first dibs.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I would like to see the tank pics chiron, if seebeere isn't interested,I'll PM my email to you

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Yes, Cindy now has first dibs.
Wow, thank you so much! But let me offer this: I have a set of forks w/ shot seals that I wanted to practice on = I'm not actually in immediate need of seals at all, just some training. So, flitecontrol, if you need to replace your seals, PLEASE take these - my noodling right now is not worth your safety. :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
chiron you have an email

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Wow, thank you so much! But let me offer this: I have a set of forks w/ shot seals that I wanted to practice on = I'm not actually in immediate need of seals at all, just some training. So, flitecontrol, if you need to replace your seals, PLEASE take these - my noodling right now is not worth your safety. :smiley_th
PM sent.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I want the tank ,you don't possibly have the gas cap also do you?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Denny, you have an email waiting for you as well. Unfortunately I do not have anything other than the tank. I was going to chop it, but I just don't have the tools to do it, plus I just want to ride now that I'm mostly done with my bike.

Flitecontrol, I didn't receive a PM from you...or was that aimed at Cindy? Could you resend that please. I can probably even get them in the mail/sent today.

Cindy, look for a PM about that radiator.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts