Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(SOLD) My 1986 VN750, SE Iowa

SOLD, thanks for looking

Injured, unable to work and no income. My back may be screwed up for life and I might have to start selling things. Here's my 86 VN750 that I bought last summer (2013). I rode it for about 5000 miles. I have over $1500 in it plus a ton of time. Asking $1400 on CL.

Starts and runs every time. Handles great, rides straight and smooth up to ~90 where I let off. Plenty of power, more than my 94, and it has been very reliable for me. I don't need two bikes though.

Update: 900 Classic seat is on and I got some photos.
Update: Got some videos for someone who didn't know what a VN750 sounds like. A pair of Fatboy slip-ons made my other bike sound 10x better than our stock mufflers.

Warmed up, no echo from bulidings - http://youtu.be/GKpSSZlCqfU
Warmed up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kex-xTdPmc
Cold start - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqOwbYE8wkA

More photos here:
http://s297.photobucket.com/user/Hexadecimus/slideshow/Vulcan for sale

Good:
  • Clean title. Everything works and runs great. I went over everything I can think of and fixed all the typical stuff the PO's never mention. For example, I pulled almost every wire, cleaned the terminals and applied dielectric grease.
  • Brand new rear tire, maybe 40 miles on it just for testing.
  • Flushed & fluids, ran cool all summer, stayed at minimum in 40F temps on the highway.
  • Rebuilt carbs with brand new diaphragms. Prev owner had them apart and lied about them being good. Those are NOT cheap. Plus 1 float, couple of new seals, new main jet needles and new jets all around.
  • Ears shaved (parts retained, box is not cut), coastered and jetted, up 2 sizes IIRC with 2 shims, UNI filters, could probably stand to be jetted back down to stock pilots and +1 mains. If you feel like un-shaving the "ears" I"ll include original jets in a bag and all intake/emissions parts in a box.
  • New brake sight glass, no leaks. Watch face crystal so it won't yellow/crack
  • Replaced grips with stock off a 98.
  • Battery box removed, neutralized, blasted, painted with chassis epoxy.
  • Spots on frame touched up with chassis epoxy.
  • R/R relocated.
  • Chrome bullet turn signals front and rear (rear relocated to stop light housing). They're metal, not plastichrome. Has the auto-cancelling turn signal as well which I really like.

Bad:
  • Laid down once by previous owner, but I don't seen anything cracked, broken or bent. Little rash on the grip/lever a tiny dent in the right pipe.
  • Brackets that hold the brake lines were missing when I bought it.
  • No A/C or cruise control.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Shame your so far away, my brother has been looking for one and your's sounds priced right.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
Sorry to hear about your injuries but don't be a stranger here

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll probably be on here a little more often when I'm at home. I hope to get the 900 seat on her and get some real photos soon. Still available, will deliver on any day at least 40-45° ;)

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update with more pictures from yesterday. Drained the tank again, put in fresh gas and rode her about 30 miles to make sure everything still works. Please excuse the dust.. I have 3 miles of packed dirt/gravel before I hit pavement and I didn't feel like washing it again.

·
Registered
72 Posts
How many miles on the bike??

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I'd love another 86, honestly. Why so far away? :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Man wish you were closer, I'd give you $1,200 for it.

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for the interest and bumps. Pending sale today for $1400, but I'm still riding my other VN750 so I'll be on the forums.

SOLD. Thanks everyone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts