Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am selling my custom built Vulcan 750 motorcycle. I am looking at buying a house soon and need the money.

The bike was built by me over that past year. It was built well and wasn't slapped together like a rate bike or bobber.

The bike has about 12,000 miles on it but the speedometer say over 37k. I replaced the speedometer when I did the build due to damage to the old one. The bike starts and rides great. The carbs have not been adjusted to the custom exhaust, but still runs good. All the electronics work as they should.

It has BRAND NEW TIRES, barely seen the streets.

The bike is located in Cottage Grove MN. I am willing to ship but you must make the arrangements and pay for shipping.

This is a must see!

Asking $3500 obo

Attachments

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
looks sweet but i think i can do just as good to my bike for about 500 bucks in materials and 100 bucks in beer lol

and of course my seat would actually have padding on it

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
this is not a penny saver this is a motorcycle forum for discussion and advice on the vn750

now if you had been a member for some time and actually contributed to the site then yes by all means if you decided to sell your bike let us know but seeing as you just joined today and only to sell the bike i will leave you with this no one on here is going to buy your bike for 3500 when we have plenty of guys on here me included that can do exactly what you have done to a stock bike at less than half the cost and we have the pride in knowing that we did it our self

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Way to destroy a VN750 there...

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
lets see tractor supply rear fender ......... 30 bucks max
sheet metal seat with 1/4 inch of padding ......... pain in the ass in less than 10 miles
china made rear turn signals ....... 10 bucks free shipping 45 days to get there from china
flat black paint on everything.............. but too lazy to pull the motor so its still factory color ...... so that stands out like a sore thumb
15 dollars worth of exhaust ............. totally killing all back pressure .............. making bike run lean as hell slowly burning the valves .......... stock air filter boxes on a hard tailed bike
ran out of flat black paint before he got to the starter and it is one of the most rusty things there
25 dollar set of handle bars from cycle gear
and since i can see you didnt pull the engine to paint it then i can assume you did all the welding with the battery installed and the r/r attached and the stator hooked up so i figure all of that has been compromised as well not to mention the potability of seizing up the bearings by running voltage thru them as well

yeah like thtanner said good job at flucking up a nice vulcan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry if I offended you NewRider. Was not my intention. I posted on here because my friend recommended it to me. I understand that this isn't a penny saver but it is the section in which people may post their stuff for sale, in my case the whole bike. If no one is interested in the bike after posting it on here for a week I will remove it and hope that I didn't hurt no one's feeling like I did to you. Please sleep easy tonight.

With that being said please keep your opinions to yourselves. If you are not interested in the bike then move on. Why stir up an argument. Thanks guys. Have a good one.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
oh thanks for more pics

i see you didnt paint the final drive to match the rest of the blacked out theme either

let me know if you ever finish the bike i will give you 500 bucks for it

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
you didnt offend me but 3500 for a half ass job when you said in you original post that its not a half ass job like some rat bike bobber project if that bike was done correctly then yeah you might get 3500 this time of year but not from any one on here you would get that price from some rich kid who wants a cool looking bike to show off to his friends at the bar which is also a kid who will inevitably crash the thing and mess up all your work cause he can just go buy another one a week later

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NewRider, no idea what I did to offend you but there is no reason to be a prick. Again if you don't like the bike that is fine. I am not forcing you to buy or even look at it for that matter. Thanks for the criticism but I don't need it. have a wonderful day.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
you didnt offend me but 3500 for a half ass job when you said in you original post that its not a half ass job like some rat bike bobber project if that bike was done correctly then yeah you might get 3500 this time of year but not from any one on here you would get that price from some rich kid who wants a cool looking bike to show off to his friends at the bar which is also a kid who will inevitably crash the thing and mess up all your work cause he can just go buy another one a week later
Actually he said it was not a half ass job like some "rate" bike bobber project. We can only assume that he meant "rat" bike and knows a little about what he is trying to say or then again he may not know anything about the whole subject. Could it be that it is not a half ass job and is a complete azz job? Cheap China parts and a rattle can or two of paint does not make a true custom bike as least in my opinion plus the engine was never pulled. I doubt the engine was touched at all except for the exhaust which is no thrill at all based on the pictures.

If you do not understand what you did to offend the membership that has posted so far then you just don't understand........stuff. Yes the membership offers parts for sale on this forum and even a few whole bikes but we do not try to BS each other with saying how super fantastic and specialized the things we are offering are over everything else in the world. Most of the time the items offered here are even better than what we initially describe them as. You joined and offered your bike on the same day? No hidden agenda there as it was right out in the open. No one knows you and I don't see anyone trying to correct the posted opinions as yet. I guess we are dead on with those.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
thats right no one knows you but we do know our bikes and that one is probably a lemon and if you didnt tune the carbs then you dont care about the bike so why did you even do any sort of mods if you didnt care enough to do it right that is what you did to offend me so why dint you go ahead and delete your post before a mod comes along and does it for you

no one wants your bike unless they need parts

you have did nothing but ruin the value of that bike al together yet you ask more than twice the blue book on it

thus i dub you an ass clown

so to you i say piss off and fluck your crappy half assed bike all together

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
You guys are the cats ass....lol....luvs ya !......
How'd he manage to post pics so soon ???? .....I gotta go to bed before I get ornery.....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Locking this thread due to excessive bullsheit.......if anyone is interested, ya can PM the guy........

Some folks need to lean things about posting on messageboards....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.