Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the influx of SMART ASS newbs showing up to sell things, I'd like to pass along our implementation system on my home forums. No for sale under 10 post count, Sales and mentions in the main forums not pertaining to the thread (like the one linked above) deleted and warning issued. Beyond not contributing to the forum and showing up just to sell items, disrespecting members on top of it is just some of the issues that arise from the lack of rule enforcement of people just showing up to piss on the place and sell their wares.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
And forget their introduction in the newbie thread...;)

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
With the influx of SMART ASS newbs showing up to sell things, I'd like to pass along our implementation system on my home forums. No for sale under 10 post count, Sales and mentions in the main forums not pertaining to the thread (like the one linked above) deleted and warning issued. Beyond not contributing to the forum and showing up just to sell items, disrespecting members on top of it is just some of the issues that arise from the lack of rule enforcement of people just showing up to piss on the place and sell their wares.
And forget their introduction in the newbie thread...;)

And how often has this been brought up in the past since there was a change in those with the power to enforce some type of order? Is it any wonder that more and more long time members are becoming less active or leaving all together from this forum? Many true members in the past that asked about "introductions" or mentioned that first time posters listing Sell/Swap items were frowned upon were scolded for such action. I along with several others can remember a time when each first post was fully investigated by a single moderator. (RIP) I am not sure if the lack of an introduction can be attributed to simply forgetting in the majority of cases. Now that I have added my two cents I wouldn't be surprised if I receive a notification that I offended someone and will receive some form of action.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
And how often has this been brought up in the past since there was a change in those with the power to enforce some type of order? Is it any wonder that more and more long time members are becoming less active or leaving all together from this forum? Many true members in the past that asked about "introductions" or mentioned that first time posters listing Sell/Swap items were frowned upon were scolded for such action. I along with several others can remember a time when each first post was fully investigated by a single moderator. (RIP) I am not sure if the lack of an introduction can be attributed to simply forgetting in the majority of cases. Now that I have added my two cents I wouldn't be surprised if I receive a notification that I offended someone and will receive some form of action.
Those days are long gone, brother

·
Super Moderator
11,825 Posts
There is no "rule" saying you have to post an introduction, nor is there one saying you can't come here to sell your bike. And there never has been. I don't make the rules, I just enforce the ones we have.
If someone posts up here selling their bike as their first post, my suggestion to those bothered by this is not to buy it.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Reactions: Paulywog

·
2,494 Posts
Those days are long gone, brother

And maybe that is why the forum has been going down hill in the eyes of many long time members. The activity from those past members is proof along with what they have said to others privately.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
And maybe that is why the forum has been going down hill in the eyes of many long time members. The activity from those past members is proof along with what they have said to others privately.
Some of us newbies highly value this forum and are grateful to all of you long-time members for your patience, experience and wealth of information.

Thank you!

·
2,494 Posts
Some of us newbies highly value this forum and are grateful to all of you long-time members for your patience, experience and wealth of information.

Thank you!
I never said there wasn't a wealth of information or experience left here at the present time but if you had been lucky enough to have experienced this forum in years past and then compare it to its present situation you would agree that there is a huge difference. I am sure there are some that would disagree but I also firmly agree with those that have spoken to me privately as to the present state of affairs.

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
All I need is a picture of a gun and a PBR. If I need to explain you would never understand

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I never said there wasn't a wealth of information or experience left here at the present time but if you had been lucky enough to have experienced this forum in years past and then compare it to its present situation you would agree that there is a huge difference. I am sure there are some that would disagree but I also firmly agree with those that have spoken to me privately as to the present state of affairs.
I understand.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,825 Posts
Well it's a different world. Dinosaurs die off and life goes on. As Frank Zappa said "Nostalgia is for old folks" ...
I remember "how it was" and it was a mess. Fighting, bitching, old men rattling their sabres and shouting, thinking their presence here for X amount of years allowed them special treatment. Some apparently still think that. Many others left because of this, Not because the dictatorship died.
This forum is for those in need, those that seek help, and have questions. Period.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
You obviously don't remember when Wolfie wasn't sick,do you?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I've been moderateD. with a capital D
Now what if I'm lonely and don't like dating sites?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I like getting caught in the rain and I like Pina coladas.......

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Look at Dem highbeam headlights........

True fact, I lurked for over a year before signing up. I'm actually goin on year 6. I'm on so many forums, and moderate much of them, I've seen about all there is to see. Some forums that have under-advanced rules :devillook: will suffer the consequences of spam and BS. Some that don't understand human nature and try too hard to be strict suffocate themselves. The balance is in the experience of those with the power to recognize issues and handle them. Just being on a couple forums won't get that. My CL mod account went active in 2003 and I still run it today. We are the largest forum of our kind and deal with everything you could get hit with. There's good things for deaf ears to hear, but I'm only the messenger.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I'll bet dem headlights are "much" brighter without the headlight covers on...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts