Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gainesville, Georgia

13386 miles

Rides beautifully

Leatherlyke bags and windshield included. Asking price $4200.00

Not able to ride anymore :(:(:(:(

Please contact me at [email protected] for more information and additional pictures. Thanks.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Diane, Trying to be nice here but I'm only about 20 miles from you and bought a 2003 in near perfect condition out of Athens with 3000 miles on it for $2700 2 years ago.

You may want to reconsider that price.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
I will bet there is a long list of members here that hope she gets that price so that when the rest of us decide to cash in we can all make a nice profit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. FoolIam you got a great deal!!! I paid almost twice that much for the one I have. But I do realize I am going to have to come down in the asking price...

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Diane When I bought my '03 with 3100 miles in great condition 2 1/2 years ago fair market value was about $3100 - $3200 (I did a lot of research). I purchased off E-Bay after driving down to inspect the bike. Yes, $2700 was a good price but I doubt my bike was worth more than $3200. I suspect your bike is worth about the same or perhaps a bit less since you've got 13,000 miles on it.

Regardless of what you paid for the bike it is only worth what you can sell it for in a reasonable amount of time. I'd suggest asking $3400 and being willing to accept $2950 assuming there are no scrapes and the tires looking good. The bags and wind screen aren't going to add that much value to the bike unless they are really premium pieces in near perfect condition.

If I had the cash I'd be interested in it for my brother but I'm a poor boy.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Thanks guys. FoolIam you got a great deal!!! I paid almost twice that much for the one I have. But I do realize I am going to have to come down in the asking price...
I really do hope you get your asking price but as a matter of clarification did you really pay around 2x2700=$5400 for your bike when you first bought it? There is nothing wrong with asking your price no matter how high or low that may be. You can always adjust and I am sure you based your price on some information other than what you paid originally. I wish you luck. Let us know if you lower your asking price or if you do sell the bike please.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts