Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Foliage Ride pictures.

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  baldy 
#1 · (Edited)
These were taken today during a 200 mile ride in the mountains 10 miles from the NH and Canadian border. I am just starting to warm up even though I was bundled up very well. My temp guage did not come off the bottom except when riding through a town but then went back to bottom when out on the roads. BRRRRRRR!!! Yes the temp gauge works. haha

If you look at the Mountain in the background in the 1st and 2nd pic is what our destination was and then around it. What a ride despite the 55 degrees plus wind chill.

Anyone has any pics, post away so we can see the different parts of the country.

#2 ·
I do miss New England this time of year, the foliage, fall festivals and colors. After 45 years living in the Boston area, dramatic seasonal changes becomes part of the cycle. Fall in NE was always my favorite. Portland, OR has a fall, but it is much less dramatic and the winters here are benign in comparison. I also miss skiing at Sugar Loaf, Sunday River and North Conway (and x-country at Mt. Washington/Brenton Woods).

Thanks for the pictures! More please if you have them.

#3 ·
We rode around Sugarloaf and Rangley area. Unfortunately the folks I was riding with weren't so into stopping frequently for pictures but I am planning a solo coastal ride this week and will get more pics then.

#4 ·
Great pics. Pretty country and mountains. Long way to go, but I would love to ride there some day.

#5 ·
Beautiful pics man.I wonder if a windshield would take the edge off?

#9 ·
Yeah I'm thinking next time the windshield will go on. It wasn't bad when we headed out but I didn't take into consideration of the temp drop at higher altitudes. Lesson learned. lol

#7 ·
Looks like the foothills country of the Rockies an hour or so west of me. BEAUTIFUL.

#12 ·
We always take a nice long ride here when the leaves change. Missouri hills have a huge mix of treee species, so they do tend to be pretty outstanding.

All green here still, but in the next few weeks things should start the colorazation process.

50 degreee weather? Been like that all week riding to work...no problems , put the windscreen on dude...

KM

#14 ·
50 degree weather? Been like that all week riding to work...no problems , put the windscreen on dude...

KM
50 degrees air temp but the wind was blowing and estimated at 40 degrees or lower at 3000ft. Yeah the windshield is going on on cold days.

#13 ·
The last time I was in Maine we were working, so no bike. We stayed in Freeport and were working in Pownal. The Mcwaitress I hooked up with while I was there took me sightseeing. I have to say it is beautiful country up there.

#16 ·
SLIM: not on the bike. Drove it many times in the car. I wish I was back in N.C. (camp lejeune) this time of year... I have some awesome memories riding my tricked out Kawasaki 500 triple up in the hills, the coast down to Myrtle Beach, and back to base.

DT

#19 ·
DT, if you're feeling nostalgic about your 500 triple bike, you might enjoy the following advertisement video (which has the 500 triple in it), straight from the mother ship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD3tGUCdNfA&feature=related

I thought it was neat, because it gave me an idea of what a two-stroke sounds like (for those of us who've never seen one).

Now....back to our regularly scheduled thread topic...:D

#20 · (Edited)
Here are some pics from my 265 mile ride down to the coast yesterday. What an awsome day!

1st pic The new bridge to Varona Isl. 2nd Fort Knox beyond the water (no they don't have the money) 3rd top of Cadillac Mt. looking down at a cruise ship in the harbor. 4th The other view from Cadillac Mt. the deep blue sea. 5th Where IS that cruise ship going? Some place warm? I'll stow away!

#22 ·
At some points looking out over the ocean it was hard to see where the sky ended over the water.

#24 ·
One what? lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.