Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adventurous ride into work this morning - it was foggy out, so I had to keep wiping off my visor; but it was cool enough that if I closed my visor, I fogged up from the inside. And if I rode with the visor partially open (so that I could see through both the internal and external fogs), my eyes fogged up.

I know there's not much I can do about my eyeballs, but is there a product that one can put on the visor to reduce internal or external fogging?

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Cindy, Here's a thought for this time of year. When your at a stop crack your visor & wear something around your face. I took an old "Touk" & cut the top out of it. Making it into a kinda turtle neck. Protects my neck & face & also helps Deflect my Breath off the visor. Just my way of coping!:smiley_th
P.S. I use to ski alot and I found most of those antifog products aren't worth the packaging their sold in!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
try spit! it works for scupa divers and snorklers. (not kidding)

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
I use this stuff from World Optical ,"Anti Fog" .. looks like green grease. Does a great job on glasses and the inside of visors. Likely found online or optical sections of stores.
For the out side I have gloves that have the two fingers on the left hand covered with chamois on the back, but they also sell a "wiper blade" thing that you can attatch to your glove than works as a squeege.

Most times under those conditions I just open the visor up a crack or two, and my helmet has a "breath guard" I use in colder weather.
KM

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Rain X

From the Pacific Northwest Riders...

Rain X for the outside (keeps the water beading up so it flows off) and Rain X Anti Fog for the inside.

Buy a pair of motorcycle gloves that have a wiper blade on the left thumb!

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
in a pinch,try bar soap on the inside
Now, see, I've heard about using toothpaste, too. But ya gotta be careful about these toiletries - some bar soaps apparently leave sticky, "non-fresh-feeling" residues. And forget the toothpaste if you're trying to use a paste instead of a gel... :pepper:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
There is/was a laminate product made by a company called Fog City. You wet the inside of the shield, apply the laminate, squeegy, let dry and you're good to go. I used to use the style made for motocross goggles when playing paintball and they worked great. They were called, "Fog City Fog Things"
HERE are ones for streetbike helmets, but it looks like they are the entire shield, and only for specific helmets?? And I can't find the goggle ones anywhere.
Maybe see if a dealer knows where to get them.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
There is/was a laminate product made by a company called Fog City. You wet the inside of the shield, apply the laminate, squeegy, let dry and you're good to go. I used to use the style made for motocross goggles when playing paintball and they worked great. They were called, "Fog City Fog Things"
HERE are ones for streetbike helmets, but it looks like they are the entire shield, and only for specific helmets?? And I can't find the goggle ones anywhere.
Maybe see if a dealer knows where to get them.
These are the the same thing.They do make helmet specific linings, but the "standard" fits most full face visors. (It is not the entire visor)
Another site here:
http://tinyurl.com/34xn7p
Available in clear and tints.
KM

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Have you tried shaving cream? I use it on my bathroom mirror to keep it from fogging up. It works.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
These are the the same thing.They do make helmet specific linings, but the "standard" fits most full face visors. (It is not the entire visor)
Another site here:
http://tinyurl.com/34xn7p
Available in clear and tints.
KM
I see. Wasn't sure if that one was just the film or not.
Thanks for clearing that up :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you tried shaving cream? I use it on my bathroom mirror to keep it from fogging up. It works.
Yet another toiletry! I'm starting to see a pattern here - maybe I'll clean out my bathroom cabinet and try each item, one by one. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've used liquid hand soap in goggles (smeared a small drop into a thin layer) to keep them from fogging up when pressure washing, but alway thought about getting soap in my eyes

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
there is a product out there called cat crap. I have a buddy who uses it on his goggles while x country skiing and swears by it. We bought some for our shop to use with the goggles in the summer and it seems to work fine. The weather is just starting to change here and I plan to try it out on the bike. You can find it on the web for 10 bucks or less.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I haven't found a solution for the inside (I'll probably take the spit route until I find something better), but for the outside, a coworker turned me on to this stuff called Plexus. I found it at the Honda dealership. Its pretty good...It fills in the pores of the plastic, and seems to work better than rain-x...

The problem with using the rain-x anti-fog is that after a while, it seems to leave a residue...At least it did on my car windshield a few years back.

·
Lebanon, NJ
437 Posts
I've tried seemingly them all. Problem was there was always some sort of film left behind. I'm real fond of Plexus thouh, I use it very often on the wind shield and visor. Works real well...

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll give the Plexus a try. The rainX didn't work too well in the fog last week - but I think only a pair of visor wipers would've done the trick. It was pea soup. "Spit and Plexus - an unbeatable combination!" :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts