Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been searching for some flat black engine paint and not having any luck. i did find however some flat black wood stove
paint . if anyone could chime in with their 2 cents i would appreciate it.

·
Addicted to Projects
545 Posts
I think the stove paint is called High temperature paint and would work for covering, ust don't know how it would hold up to any wear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I usually use High Temp Engine Enamel. You should be able to get it at any Orchard, Home Depot or auto parts store. It holds up well. I've also used it to touch up parts of my truck's frame and it hasn't rubbed off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually use High Temp Engine Enamel. You should be able to get it at any Orchard, Home Depot or auto parts store. It holds up well. I've also used it to touch up parts of my truck's frame and it hasn't rubbed off.
i dont think the engine enamel comes in flat black.i was on the duplicolor website and all they showed was gloss and semi satin.
the problem could be that im using my cell phone to search.very stressfull.

·
Registered
335 Posts
you can use the flat black exhaust coating

·
Super Moderator
11,933 Posts
Chemically there is likely no difference between flat black stove paint and flat black high temp engine paint.

I used the stove black stuff on my exhaust (2 stroke dirt bike) and it held up well.

You are of course supposed to heat the part you painted up...either by letting it do it on its own or baking it.....before the paint is properly cured.

The expansion chamber on my 2 stroke did get quite hot under normal use...I still have a scar to prove that. ;)

KM

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey, the real question is what kind of wood are you going to burn??

C'mon, you can't find high temp engine paint? Get out of the pet food isle at the grocery store and go to any auto parts store.

Does anyone buy VN750's that isn't fresh out of diaper training on this forum?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

C'mon, you can't find high temp engine paint? Get out of the pet food isle at the grocery store and go to any auto parts store.

I'll tell you what AOT Why don't you man up and post a little on your profile about where you are from and how you got to Know Everything and then we'll talk about who's fresh out of diapers ,you are without a doubt the most obnoxious coward that I have ever seen hide behind an internet connection since I have been here,Start the popper Fergy:hitanykey

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
He's a troll, and he's been reported.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

read the f-ing post **** head.i cant find FLAT BLACK engine painr.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
He's a troll. Don't feed him.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
No need to apologize. He was definitely good at what he set out to do. But then some folks can't help being immature, anal, and stupid; it just comes naturally!

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
you are without a doubt the most obnoxious coward that I have ever seen hide behind an internet connection since I have been here
I thought I was.... wow.... what an awakening. What do I do now?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I thought I was.... wow.... what an awakening. What do I do now?
you have been passed ,you'll just hafta' try harder I guess ROFL

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
No need to apologize. He was definitely good at what he set out to do. But then some folks can't help being immature, anal, and stupid; it just comes naturally!
he caused me to study up on internet trolls ,so it ain't all bad!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts