Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so i do a lot of charity rides and parades, and i wanted a nice big flag on my bike. So i needed a good sturdy flag pole mount system.
I wanted to use my luggage rack as a base.
So here's what i did:

1/2 aluminum, by 4, by 6: i think, i may have to check my measurements again, but its close
2 aluminum stips 1/4 x 5 x 3/4 wide i think. These have two holes tapped in them
Flag pole/flag kit. Now i made my own flag pole out of like 1-1/8 Alm conduit pipe.
I also used two Ruland Collars, drilled and taped 5/16-18 nc hole in them for my hook. See the pictures. This makes the flag mount adjustable so i can lower the flag and use different size flags.

If you have any questions let me know.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Do you think another support from the top of your backrest would help? Looks like a lot of stress on a single point mount.

DT

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think another support from the top of your backrest would help? Looks like a lot of stress on a single point mount.

DT
Maybe it would, but i wanted something simple, easy to remove, 4 flathead bolts. And i really only use it for parades and charity rides, so it's not like im blazing down the road at 70mph with it. And the nice thing with it, i can make a shorter pole for a smaller flag and could ride with it all the time, but i wouldnt dare ride all the time with a 5.5 foot pole and 3x5 flag, lol.

The pole is pretty sturdy and secure in the bracket, and i don't even notice it back there really, i can hear the clasps, or whatever you call the metal things that hook into the grommets in the flag, i can hear them cling and rattle now and then.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Big flags at Castle Rock Dirt Track...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts