Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know what it says Oledirty. I believe I removed all that it says to but there is almost no space. I even pulled out a bore scope and looked inside the case. Very Tight. I am just going to split the case and next winter i will work on a mod to get the shifter link to the outside of the case. That will be the fun stuff. Have any of you guys used any of the silicon gasket making items. I am pretty hesitant to use that on aluminum. I have only used it in steel or cast items. I did read a thread were some people say it works but I am looking for more input.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
I know what it says Oledirty. I believe I removed all that it says to but there is almost no space. I even pulled out a bore scope and looked inside the case. Very Tight. I am just going to split the case and next winter i will work on a mod to get the shifter link to the outside of the case. That will be the fun stuff. Have any of you guys used any of the silicon gasket making items. I am pretty hesitant to use that on aluminum. I have only used it in steel or cast items. I did read a thread were some people say it works but I am looking for more input.
lol.sorry.didn't read through to the beginning of the thread and went digging for this thread after your response.I have been very brain dead as of late.enough to where it's worrying me a little

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
no worries. You have given some great info. thank you for the responses you have. this is a quick update were I stand. I am one gear away from breaking the case open. I am getting all my parts in this friday from what i can see I think I may have enough time this weekend to put the bike back together.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
sweet

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well guys. I got the case open and found the broken linkage. It was not the threaded tie rod. It turned out the be the first link on the shifter rod ( may be saying the wrong part). I will be putting it all back together this weekend and thank you all for the advise and help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I fixed the tie rod. Ended up going into the whole case. It was better that one since I had no help on this project. I am still confused how any one can do this without cracking the case. It is so tight in there.

·
2,519 Posts
So I fixed the tie rod. Ended up going into the whole case. It was better that one since I had no help on this project. I am still confused how any one can do this without cracking the case. It is so tight in there.
I replace the shift rod on my 94 and I agree with you, That is so tight in there it's virtually impossible, but if they say they did it then who am I to argue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So I posted this in another section but I will recap here. I put the whole engine together and installed it in the frame. Started up after some work on the fuel lines and then the front cylinder wouldn't fire. After trouble shooting I ended up blowing the front cylinder to ****. I am putting this whole project on hold till the winter. Thank you guys very much for the talk support and help. I will be posting later on as time goes on but if I want to keep my wife happy I need to finish a few other projects first.

·
Registered
273 Posts
So I posted this in another section but I will recap here. I put the whole engine together and installed it in the frame. Started up after some work on the fuel lines and then the front cylinder wouldn't fire. After trouble shooting I ended up blowing the front cylinder to ****. I am putting this whole project on hold till the winter. Thank you guys very much for the talk support and help. I will be posting later on as time goes on but if I want to keep my wife happy I need to finish a few other projects first.

Was it because of the tie rod, or what blew the front cylinder up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts