Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying an 06 Vulcan 750. The guy lives quite a ways away and I have to meet him, im wondering if someone can tell me if this bike will allow a 6 foot 5 rider to ride comfortably?
Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am 5' 9" and it fits me like a glove. I would be worried at 6' 5". What's your location? Maybe there's a member near you that you could sit on their bike?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in helena Mt. I'll update my bio soon. I think I'm going to pull the trigger. Ive got a set of bars from my st1100 build that will help with the upright riding position and put me a bit further forward.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
I’m 5’8 the bike feels “just right” for me the way it is. You can always get extended forward controls. So If the first ride feels cramped you probably can make some changes to get it exactly where you need it to be.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112416834317

Not super cheap, but I just copied the first pair I saw.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just picked it up. The guy had the tank of so had to stand around to hear it start. She fired but I could smell the old gas. The ole boy said it had been in there a year.
The bike was in perfect shape until he was pushing it out of his garage and knocked the tank off of it. Now there's a nice little crease in it.
As far as fit, it feels pretty good. It seems to have some extended/forward controls already installed. I slid onto the seat nicely and fit well.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Hate it when that happens! You should have capitalized and hammered the price lower.

Was loading mine on the trailer for the inspection after rebuilding. Harbor Freight orange strap broke and she fell over putting a nice long crease in the tank.

I scored a mint new factory sealed 2005 tank on eBay, black and silver metallic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the bike runs like a champ. It was having issues when I picked it up but upon further inspection of the fuel lines the guy had them hooked up wrong and some not on at all. Now she purrs.
The prior owner had started a bobber conversion on the bike. Apparently he started with hacking the rear section off of it. Rather crooked I might add. After spending quite a few hours tidying things up and replacing fluids and filters I went to slap the seat on to take it for a long distance run, they hacked the seat mounts off with the rear fender piece and sissy bar!!!! Needless to say there was a heated conversation that ensued. The saving grace is i picked the bike up for 400 bucks due to a no title issue.

·
Registered
322 Posts
So the bike runs like a champ.................. they hacked the seat mounts off with the rear fender piece and sissy bar!!!! Needless to say there was a heated conversation that ensued. The saving grace is i picked the bike up for 400 bucks due to a no title issue.
Nice score! Especially since you have excellent patience. :doh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts