Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took an 80 mph drive up a lonely highway tonight for 20 miles and the bike just lost all mojo. At mile marker 21 it came to a quiet halt and wouldn't restart. Thought maybe petcock so went to reserve, waited a few mins for the bowls to fill (already assuming poogs) and nothing. Popped the cap on the tank and waited another 3 mins and she sputtered. Primed the throttle a few times and she sputtered again. Primed it one last time, counted to ten and VAAROOOMMM!

i had no tools so i couldnt check for spark. I had just gotten gas before i left so i was good there. Battery was high so stator was working. I had it down to ignition coil or poogs within the time is started sputtering and the time i put the kick stand down.

Thank god it was POOGS. Really. Was back on the road in 5 mins having done literally nothing but open the fuel cap.

So here is my question........ is it more likely to have happened because i was holding it open for 20 miles at 6.5k rpm? The long journey, higher fuel draw, constant demand.

I'll be doing some venting checks when i get back, just starting this ahead of time.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Took an 80 mph drive up a lonely highway tonight for 20 miles and the bike just lost all mojo. At mile marker 21 it came to a quiet halt and wouldn't restart. Thought maybe petcock so went to reserve, waited a few mins for the bowls to fill (already assuming poogs) and nothing. Popped the cap on the tank and waited another 3 mins and she sputtered. Primed the throttle a few times and she sputtered again. Primed it one last time, counted to ten and VAAROOOMMM!

i had no tools so i couldnt check for spark. I had just gotten gas before i left so i was good there. Battery was high so stator was working. I had it down to ignition coil or poogs within the time is started sputtering and the time i put the kick stand down.

Thank god it was POOGS. Really. Was back on the road in 5 mins having done literally nothing but open the fuel cap.

So here is my question........ is it more likely to have happened because i was holding it open for 20 miles at 6.5k rpm? The long journey, higher fuel draw, constant demand.

I'll be doing some venting checks when i get back, just starting this ahead of time.
If it is POOGS, then it is due to a debris in the fuel tank vent line, not the rpms or fuel draw. Clear the fuel vent line and you will not have a POOGS related problem.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is POOGS, then it is due to a debris in the fuel tank vent line, not the rpms or fuel draw. Clear the fuel vent line and you will not have a POOGS related problem.
Not that I don't appreciate the response, but the entire point to the vent is to exchange fuel with air. Demand more fuel than you can get air and a restricted vent will only deliver what it can. Your response is unfortunately Black and white in a grey world.

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it was for the higher thinkers. You can skip this one.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
No it was for the higher thinkers. You can skip this one.
damn good thing I already skipped it then,huh?

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Reactions: One1
1 - 8 of 8 Posts